Toronto Nicholas Residences | ?m | 35s | Urban Capital | Core Architects

The building's looking better and better from the outside. A lot of people I know actually love the Cecconi Simone interior design style at Nicholas.

A lot of people? I can't see that. I imagine a whole bunch of people going, "holy crap it's tight in here." I stay away from the CS interiors and Urban Capital workmanship. Renters with no furniture who eat out a lot and just sleep on a twin bed seem to like their kitchens, however. I will give you that.

First I liked CS interiors when I first saw their work many years ago in the Merchandise Building. Since that time, their work particularly in smaller condo units always seem to leave so little living space for anything. The quality of the cabinetry that I've seen in their designs, also weren't that impressive either. For me, a CS interior would be a negative in my purchase decision.

A lot of people? I can't see that. I imagine a whole bunch of people going, "holy crap it's tight in here." I stay away from the CS interiors and Urban Capital workmanship. Renters with no furniture who eat out a lot and just sleep on a twin bed seem to like their kitchens, however. I will give you that.

Point taken. The people I know who love CS interiors generally remark on their kitchen and bathroom design. I agree that for their smaller units, the use of space could be improved (e.g. like not putting a kitchen island in a smaller condo unit) but for larger units, I think their designs look good. The quality of the materials are average, I'd say, but, in my opinion, the overall "look" does come together.

YxJuIqn.jpg

First I liked CS interiors when I first saw their work many years ago in the Merchandise Building. Since that time, their work particularly in smaller condo units always seem to leave so little living space for anything. The quality of the cabinetry that I've seen in their designs, also weren't that impressive either. For me, a CS interior would be a negative in my purchase decision.

Yes. They used to be good. Now it's a mess. X2, Nicolas Residences, Charlie, Pace, One Bloor all the same style with the built in kitchen island/table top that takes up such a large portion of the unit. Really hope they go back to the drawing board. Personally, I'd rather have a little island and then purchase my own kitchen/dining table.

From yesterday:

DSC00272.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00272.jpg
    DSC00272.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,110
That's a nice looking mechanical penthouse. Core seems to do a good job of this on their buildings while other firms struggle.

A fairly basic design but it was well executed with a very appealing podium...........a nice addition to the city.

The penthouse does look pretty good. Overall, it's a decent-looking building. I still find the final design to be very "safe" but it looks good now that the finishing touches are all in place.

As terrific as these photographs are Nicholas Residences looks better in person. Great podium, and the balconies create some interest though I'm not crazy about the glass.

Back