Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

its true, proximity of electrical outlets to sinks is part of the electrical code... perhaps it is different for highrises than for houses. The other thing about the above picture that looks less than ideal to me is that your main entry door opens right up against the fridge.... ah well, what can you do with such limited space.

^^^
Exactly, I would think it's a building code violation.
The sink should have been centered as per plan and it would provide work surface on both sides.

The lack of a gable on the refridgerator is disconcerting.
It would have been nice to have a 24" depth cabinet over the refridgerator.

The orientation of the fridge, cabinets, stove should have been reversed for better sightlines and so it wouldn't block the path of a 2nd person from going into the kitchen if the it was open. That would require the fridge door to swing the other way.

Ditto for the door.

socket next to sink..

I feel better I'm not the only one worrying about the socket next to the sink, the only way i can use it is to build a little shelving unit or open cabinet half way up on the wall.. about the cord... maybe duck tape it on the wall? :confused:

I'm going to email a few questions/concerns to Lanterra, if it is a safety issue I'd like to get some answers from them. Any contractors or industry professionals here by chance??

I feel better I'm not the only one worrying about the socket next to the sink, the only way i can use it is to build a little shelving unit or open cabinet half way up on the wall.. about the cord... maybe duck tape it on the wall? :confused:

I'm going to email a few questions/concerns to Lanterra, if it is a safety issue I'd like to get some answers from them. Any contractors or industry professionals here by chance??

Tell them you will contact Mike Holmes. :D

I agree, it looks wrong to have the power outlet so close to a kitchen sink. I guess it is not too different than having it in the Bathroom by the sink as long as it is a GFI receptacle...

I have done PDIs for my parents' home a few years ago and we told them about our concerns. If it is not "as per floor plan" - in this case, the sink should be more centered -they have the duty to make the changes or you do not sign off on it. Make sure you put items like this on your PDI form.

I agree, it looks wrong to have the power outlet so close to a kitchen sink. I guess it is not too different than having it in the Bathroom by the sink as long as it is a GFI receptacle...
In most of the washrooms I have seen the sink is at least a few inches from the wall. This kitchen sink is right against it. It would be nice to have a small space from the wall so you would able to put something there. (Suggestion: maybe the amount of space that is right of the stove would have been sufficient). The more I look at this kitchen...I get more disappointed. I would be upset if my kitchen turned out like that.

kitchen sink

hi MizDiva73,

i emailed Lanterra to ask about the different placement of the sink in different units, as soon as i get a reply i'll post it here..

it seems like they wanted to maximize the breakfast counter space and totally neglected that would make the socket uselss... not to mention how difficult it is to wash dishes/your hands while standing right next to the wall!!

Tuesday%20Walk%20024.jpg

hi MizDiva73,

i emailed Lanterra to ask about the different placement of the sink in different units, as soon as i get a reply i'll post it here..

it seems like they wanted to maximize the breakfast counter space and totally neglected that would make the socket uselss... not to mention how difficult it is to wash dishes/your hands while standing right next to the wall!!
Thanks redear! It would be interesting to know what they will say. But I agree with you...how do you do dishes like that? LOL

pics from a walk today

Attachments

• Murano Tree Glass Base.jpg
    Murano Tree Glass Base.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Murano from U of T.jpg
    Murano from U of T.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Murano from Queen's Park.jpg
    Murano from Queen's Park.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Murano South Tower.jpg
    Murano South Tower.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 237
Underground water?

I was in the bottom level P6 of Murano on Saturday and I thought I was in the middle of a waterfall. I meant, at the very end of the parking lot where I stood, I can feel and hear loud sounds of water rushing under my feet... Perhaps it is the underground water that delays this project, I dont know if it is normal or not, but the scale of the sound and volume is very disturbing.

Back