Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

YUCK! ^^^^

That photo is really cool as it shows how residences can destroy a building!.. lol

what a mess!!!

Good photo/angle though!

YUCK! ^^^^

That photo is really cool as it shows how residences can destroy a building!.. lol

what a mess!!!

Good photo/angle though!
I'm sure if you looked at most buildings from that angle the result would be the same.

Cool shot, though!

You heard it here first; it's official!

I've walked by this building a few times recently, and yes, it's not nearly as noticeable from a lower viewpoint. Reflections and refractions of the balcony glass help to partially disguise the residents' belongings. Though I find that the textures of lived-in buildings can add a positive effect. These aren't museum sculptures, but rather the homes of Toronto's residents, and I sometimes like the visual reminder of this fact*.

*Sentiment doesn't apply to the garbage-bagged/duct taped/junk shed appearance of many of the balconies on our older tenements however.

Great shot Mike!!

I would have thought that the massive terraced balconies at the top of the tower would have had better separation than the same cheap glass panels used on the rest of the building.

Jan. 16th Update

From my POV, last night at 1am & today at 4pm

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

These towers look stunning from a distance but I hate to say it-- walking across the other side of Bay, the podium is a MESS. Lots of drywall and concrete can be seen behind the glass, and that's just the first of the issues on this weak podium.

^ all the space in behind the glass along the podium level (both the retail on level 1 and the amenities on level 2) is still very much under construction.

Murano looks great no matter what (some exceptions) cause it really fits in to the surrounding neighborhood..

It also copied the twin tower concept like ROCP!

just curious, why is there 3 address for Murano on mls.ca when there is only two building? i'm just slightly confused...there's 35 grosvenor, 37 grosvenor and 38 grenville? or is there actually 3 murano buildings?

Back