Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

It's not so much that concrete is used as a finished product, but that they don't bother finishing it properly. It wouldn't have killed them to at least sand and polish the concrete.

On the plus side they've added a few new sets of doors on Bay St. for the retail units, so at least the base of the podium will be somewhat animated

its very disappointing that Murano's exposed concrete columns will be the final finishing ... rather disappointing and in very sharp contrast with the good lookin' coloured glass mural feature on the 2nd floor

To everyone speculating about whether these columns are finished:

1. They are.
2. Without using the word 'unfinished,' is so bad about that?

IMG_0395.jpg

They've added that big piece of glass in the middle of the lobby. I guess the lobby will end up looking like the renders after all. Also, I think they plan on covering the exposed cement because I saw a big black "X" on one of the pillars. No way they leave the pillars as is...they look horrible up close.

I walked by today and it looked like there will be retail at the base, but it will have an interior hallway that will be accessed by doors on either end of the block.

It struck me that way too, but then I figured, "naw, they wouldn't have done that...".

But maybe they did :eek:

Strange! You sure the interior hallway isn't just a service entrance for deliveries and whatnots?

I really hope they don't do that. That's really stupid.

Edit: For anyone that care... South Building - The lobby furniture has been moved in. Did they seriously get an interior decorator to decorate the lobby? It looks unfinished. Book cases with no books? Weird. Christmas tree is up as well. Carpet installation has started, building should register early 2010 I believe.

Last edited:
Lanterra is planning to open a customer care centre in the base of the building. It will likely be there for a few years to deal with both the Murano and Burano and possibly One Bedford. Lanterra is planning to move some of their customer care facilities out of their location at Toy Factory.

Back