Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I definitely thought it looked better than just one tower being lit up-- but no, it isn't a great choice of lighting. I do like its simplicity though.

As for the mechanical PH heights-- if that's what you were referring to-- I never noticed that one's ceiling was slightly taller until I saw them both lit up. If you were referring to residential penthouses, then I didn't notice that.

Strange the small differences between "twin" towers one can find. I am still fascinated by the massive discrepancies between the crowns of RoCP.

Yes, the illuminated mechanical PH lighting - as can be noted below in the sunset & evening photos, the south tower's is higher than the north tower. No big deal really, just an observation.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Sunset -

By evening -

Edit - sunrise, Feb. 12th

Last edited:
Sunrise this morning

March 8th. I love how the building looks with blinds up in the windows, the glass really held up well.

Facing Bay Street is Lanterra's sales office in the retail area

You're absolutely right! The blinds actually look like they're apart of the building as seen from a distance! It looks like a digital pattern engraved to the building in a way! But the closer you get the effect is given away :(... Lumiere looks like its starting to make its mark!
Nice shots today dt!

More Murano today

I just can't resist sometimes... From College & University and College & Elizabeth

A flash back to the worker who fell to his death during Murano construction, perhaps?

The construction worker was on the 3rd floor(podium roof) between the two towers when an unsecured object fell during a windy day. He passed away a few hours later from blunt force trauma to the head.

The thing is he jumped into the alley, not much room there. Good aim I guess.

the incident happened between the 2 Murano towers? meaning ... he landed on the podium / outdoor terrace ?? must have been horifying for any residents who caught ANY part of it ~

If it's a suicide it won't make the news.

ooo really ? didn't know that before ... good that the media screens what news to broadcast ~

A little late to the party, but finally decent architecture starts showing up on Bay St. Between Murano, Burano, and Lumiere, along with a few other projects in the pipeline, the Bay canyon north of Queen is finally starting to look pretty good.

Not between the towers, he fell into the alley between Grosvenor and Grenville. Right near the cop shop and the chief coroner building.

Jumping is sadly a very common way for people to end things. There have been 2 jumpers in my building since I've lived here (that's two that I know of). Two years ago this April a really good friend of mine jumped from the 9th floor of his condo, he was gone before the fire department or paramedics arrived. I didn't think one could die falling from that low a height.

Stories like this shouldn't be newsworthy and as suggested above, usually aren't.

Back