Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Oct. 15th

The entrances to the north and south towers plus progress on Bay Street in front of Murano

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

North tower entrance, 37 Grosvenor Street -

South tower entrance, 38 Grenville Street -

Murano on Bay Street with tree plantings -

Very nice, especially the exposed concrete columns at grade.

It does feel incomplete without an unnecessarily heavy, street-life-killing arcade though.

as its been said before, hopefully those exposed concrete columns at grade will be finished with metal cladding or something ... exposed concrete makes this project look very unfinished IMO

as its been said before, hopefully those exposed concrete columns at grade will be finished with metal cladding or something ... exposed concrete makes this project look very unfinished IMO

But the project is unfinished. It is hard to pass judgment on the concrete when it is still under construction. Given the quality of the rest of the building I'd say it is safe to assume the base will be treated well.

As for the arcade, it hasn't been built yet but it will come. There is a by-law that requires weather-protecting overhangs on all Bay-Street corridor buildings. But if RoCP is any example, the ground-floor wasn't completed for both towers for at least 6 months after occupancy of the south tower. So we have until the late spring to complain, by my estimate.

The little patches of grass look suburban to me and lets face it they probably wont end up looking very good.

As for the little twigs do they really stand much of a chance?? I'd much rather see uniform plantings all along Bay like is being done on Bloor than different individual plantings at various stages of growth and death here and there along the street. Maybe it's time for the city to develop policies for tree planting that could include condo developments contributing to the costs on their sites. A little vision and uniformity would go a long way in this regard.

^^ Very true. Trees alone do so much. More uniform planting on streets such as Bay would be nice. And less of these twigs... they simply shouldn't be allowed.

The little patches of grass look suburban to me and lets face it they probably wont end up looking very good.

As for the little twigs do they really stand much of a chance?? I'd much rather see uniform plantings all along Bay like is being done on Bloor than different individual plantings at various stages of growth and death here and there along the street. Maybe it's time for the city to develop policies for tree planting that could include condo developments contributing to the costs on their sites. A little vision and uniformity would go a long way in this regard.

In addition, maybe the city could include development contributions to upgrade the rusted and leaning hydro poles.

I really hope they don't, and knowing the talented firm that is aA, I don't think they will be. Time will tell, but I do hope they stay exposed.

Murano looks great from every angle. As the south tower nears completion they caught my eye today from Yonge Street in the late afternoon sun.
From Yonge & Gloucester and Yonge & Wellesley, respectively

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

WOW!.. never knew murano looked so great from those shots!... North and South tower look nice together!... like identical twins except one is taller!!>... look great against the sun!

WOW!.. never knew murano looked so great from those shots!... North and South tower look nice together!... like identical twins except one is taller!!>... look great against the sun!

Thanks steveve! I also liked the contrast of the buildings on Yonge Street in the foreground, I'm a big fan of Yonge Street. I probably should have brightened them up a touch. Oh well.

Oct 18

IMG_oct-18-09-0092.jpg

Last edited:

Back