Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Glass condos like these always look best for that brief period between when the exterior is more or less finished and when the curtains get installed. Maybe it's because no curtains on a residential wall without balconies makes the building seem both impossibly light and potentially a slim and sleek office tower.

I think of these towers as the Olsen Twins - poster girls for architectural anorexia.

Good thing these towers aren't clad in precast, or they'd have tanorexia...

I think of these towers as the Olsen Twins - poster girls for architectural anorexia.

So what's RoCP, then?
selmapatty.gif

July 9th

Setup for the crane's removal on the south tower began today -

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

July 9th (2 more)

Two more, from the roof of my building late this afternoon. A bit better view of both buildings. I can't wait for these shiny girls to be completed.

And the new Pepsi logo seems to play the same role as the then-new Conklin logo played here
CNE.jpg

I watched the crane come down earlier this evening.

I also noticed the first aluminum foil covering up a set of windows on the east side.

If I owned a unit there, I would report that to the management office within 5minutes. There's about 1,000 buildings where, frankly, foil wouldn't make the slightest difference. But when foil, shower curtains, or cardboard makes its appearance so early on a new building you just have to wonder.

July 12th Update

Murano south's main crane down

Back