Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Some photos of the glass going up around the base.

MuranoGlass1.jpg

MuranoGlass2.jpg

MuranoGlass3.jpg

It really does, more so in person.

I really really hope it goes ALL THE WAY around the base though - including the central portion!

Moreover, hopefully it'll be lit up in some way at night - otherwise you can't really make it out too well after the sun goes down.

wow that glass is indeed very impressive .... it is details like this which make buildings outstanding ~ good job Murano ! :D

I'm not sure it is going to go all the way around. The panels these sit in look bigger, and through the middle section it looks like the panels are smaller and will just contain clear glass.

So just the art glass under the towers, which still rocks in my opinion.

That's really disappointing if that's the case ... I didn't reach the same conclusion as you btw ...

When I was down there the panels look the same all the way across so I think they could take the colored glass all the way around.

This is certain to be an idiotic question but are the tree branches that appear in the glass a reflection of real trees or are they an image in the glass itself as part of the glass design?

The tree branches are part of the glass. No tree that significant can be found on that part of Bay.

These blue and green tree-patterned glass panels do hint at a spectacular final result. Other Toronto developers take note!

These blue and green tree-patterned glass panels do hint at a spectacular final result. Other Toronto developers take note!

Very unlikely other developers would go the effort, but it would be nice.

I believe the coloured glass with design patterns is following the 'murano glass' theme for this particular building. I think they will also have Murano glass vases and panels in their library/sitting room.

This is certain to be an idiotic question but are the tree branches that appear in the glass a reflection of real trees or are they an image in the glass itself as part of the glass design?

lmao way to make me feel like an idiot. I just assumed they were a reflection all along... That is sweet!

Hold on a sec guys ...

This isn't t he developer being kind to good old Torontoians ... this is there public art contribution for the project. Other projects typically do sculptures.

Speaking of SPIRE ... the park they created is actually pretty nice and simple and fits the area well << That was their art contribution

...and when I was asking other developers to take note, I was asking that everyone line their podiums with green and blue glass panels etched with tree branches... I was just voicing approval for this imaginative, well integrated, and really cool design element: I'd love to see more buildings be so bold with their art contributions.

Yeah, this art glass is great. I find it far more intriguing, and contributing to the final building than an out of place sculpture. Not that I have something against all the sculptures, but some really seem like an afterthought.

will the tree patterns in the windows grow leaves in the warmer weather? If not it might seem like we are staring at the reflection of yet another dead tree in the downtown core... lol.

Back