Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Yes it's fake ;)

The crane is still up, and it's about 7 levels from completion.

I noticed some EnWave crews in front of here over the weekend. They had the section of Bay from College to Grosvenor closed off and were installing a massive pipe.

Is this building being connected to EnWave? Are other condo buildings on Bay St. connected also since they are so close?

Maybe ... almost there :)

It depends how the podium turns out ... just as important as the rest of the building :D

True... look at Spire or 22 Wellesley - both beautiful buildings, but with their respective hideous anti-podiums they amount to nothing more than disappointing projects when viewed in their entirety, and not simply looking up and ignoring what greets you at street level.

I really really wouldn't call 22 Wellesley a beautiful building by any stretch ...

It's alright, I hate the unpainted balconies but even without that it's just okay - it fits the area well though I'll give it that much.

To each his/her own though :)

Regarding the base of Murano it will be a cut above both of them I'm almost positive ... it's just a question of how much above.

The glass installation looks amazing in person - and it seems to meet it well - it'll depend what opens up to.

The "art" glass installation has a bunch of new glass on the north side of the north tower (facing towards Grosvenor).

Sorry no picture, I didn't have my camera with me.
The picture in real life is pretty cool though. Combine this glass with the trees they are going to plant in front (this section of Bay St sidewalks are exceptionally wide), and I think it will look spectacular when it is finished. I guess only time will tell.

I keep feeling guilty because I work right beside Murano and haven't taken photos of the gorgeous glass gracing the ground level. We are loving this, and Simply Dan's comparison with 22 or Spire is completely apt - this complex really will outshine them.

You work at 777 Bay?

I wish. I work in that shitty little thing at 880 Bay. The six storey brick thing that everybody thinks is being condemned. No, we're still inside there, working away.

haha that's funny! it that the building where it seems everything in the base was cleared out?

I always thought it was abandoned but when I walked by at night time I noticed pretty much all the lights were on above the 1st floor and the desks had things on them ... people things :)

I wish. I work in that shitty little thing at 880 Bay. The six storey brick thing that everybody thinks is being condemned. No, we're still inside there, working away.

Yeah that building is completely out of place compared to everything else in the neighbourhood... although, I guess it was one of the first things there...

So you'll be the first to let us know when it is slated (if ever, which I doubt) to come down! :)

Well, it may seem more out of place with the Buranoing of McLaughlin/Addison On Bay. But all in all, it's probably no more "out of place" than what's at the NW corner of Bay & College, or that medical building N of Wellesley--all of a similar c1950ish vintage. (And the landscaping around the Macdonald Block does a fair bit to mitigate its wouldbe incongruity.)

Night pics :D

Attachments

• DSC00746.jpg
    DSC00746.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00747.jpg
    DSC00747.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00750.jpg
    DSC00750.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00751.jpg