Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Jumping is sadly a very common way for people to end things. There have been 2 jumpers in my building since I've lived here (that's two that I know of). Two years ago this April a really good friend of mine jumped from the 9th floor of his condo, he was gone before the fire department or paramedics arrived. I didn't think one could die falling from that low a height.

It depends on what part of the body you land on and on what surface usually. sorry about your friend,
Speaking of which, at the former Days Inn (yonge/Carlton), someone jumped last year... It's now becoming Holiday Inn...

So many die each day that the news can't keep up with them.
Its really sad how fast life can end...

RIP to the man/woman who jumped... my condolences to his/her family.

What about the effects of such suicides on people nearby? I've often worried about witnessing someone falling from a balcony. I mean, each time this happens, doesn't it traumatize everyone nearby? So many people on the street, in nearby apartments, etc. must witness it, especially in dense areas like this.

What about the effects of such suicides on people nearby? I've often worried about witnessing someone falling from a balcony. I mean, each time this happens, doesn't it traumatize everyone nearby? So many people on the street, in nearby apartments, etc. must witness it, especially in dense areas like this.

I couldn't imagine it. It was bad enough for me seeing the body, even though he was covered in a police blanket, you know what's under the blanket. Poor guy.

Murano from Wellesley St. W. and the Dundonald Street Parkette, Mmmm mmmm good!

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
I find Murano looks better the further away you are from it. Up close you can see all of the mismatched blinds and crap piled up on the balconies/against the windows. I know some people like the lived-in effect, but to me it just looks cluttered and irritating. Same issue I have with Spire and 22 Wellesley (tho the latter is the far worse offender)

does that suggest then Murano is in fact .... "good from far, but far from good" ??

I find Murano looks better the further away you are from it. Up close you can see all of the mismatched blinds and crap piled up on the balconies/against the windows. I know some people like the lived-in effect, but to me it just looks cluttered and irritating. Same issue I have with Spire and 22 Wellesley (tho the latter is the far worse offender)

I like Murano even more with many blinds/curtains installed, closeup or at a distance. To be sure, the problem has begun with balcony crap, hopefully the management/BoD will get onto that in the months to come. I don't know why but I agree that 22 is much messier and not nearly as attractive as Murano. I suspect the windows/balcony glass at 22 are less tinted than those at Murano.

A guy jumped to his death from the south tower around 1 p.m. today. I guess it'll be on the news at 6.

For over a week I had been wondering why the unit by the refuse room on my floor had been sealed by the police. It is unfortunate to hear that it was a suicide. My condolences to the friends and family of this person.

I originally thought that there was some illegal activity happening on my floor. Often buildings with a high proportion of renters will have some enterprising individuals opening up shop peddling some questionable "wares". I had made light of the situation with my friends trying to guess what kind of business might have gotten busted by the police, but it's quite sad now that I know the truth.

Back