Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Perhaps they were planning for the future and didn't want to have to rebuild it in 5 years if/when the LRT gets approved?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Sq one Mall Oxford/OMERS Kill the ROW for both the BRT/LRT platform in the centre of the road idea and this is what we get. We will have a clear picture next Tuesday for the LRT EA for this area.

If you check the 3 stations for the BRT, you will find the same thing there as here.

Great new regarding the long over due opening, it going to happen.........................wait for it...........................September, not the plan March date or a May date to allow the top coat to be added to the transitway.

The city is to get ownership of Phase I in Aug due to legal issues with the contractor. Once the city gains control transitway, MT will start training drivers on it for the September board change.

The new westbound platform at Sq One will have a layover bay and shelter with the shelter going up against Chapters that will be service by 100, 109 & 20.

The problem for this platform, it is in the direct path of the LRT that will run along the north side of Rathburn. The LRT platform is to the east of Station Gates.

^^I am actually not surprised by the later opening. The roadway looks nowhere near done, and the stations look half-completed. If the Mississauga Transit wanted a spring opening, they would've announced a firm date by now.

The latest info past onto me on Wednesday, that this thing will not open until November now.

I don't know when the board changes take place in the fall, it may open in October.

Work is to resume in May with a July 31 completion date.

Work has started for the Erin Mills Station with construction traffic lights going up and some grading on the west north side.

Hazel made a comment at Council on Wednesday that 2019 most likely will not be the year the new Kipling terminal will open and more into 2020's.

Staff is working on a worse case scenario if there are issues with Islington if Kipling is not done as current schedule to the point only 50% of MT buses currently using Islington will be using it. The other 50% will going to special hubs to transfer to the buses going to Islington.

If this happens, riders will be forced to spend an extra 15-30 minutes travel time to do these transfers even with beef up headways. If this happens, MT will see a lost in ridership with riders moving over to a car or doing some thing different than use transit.

I made the recommendation that Mississauga buy the surplus land for the old Legion area and build a new terminal since TTC has given the land to Built Toronto now.

The other issue who is going to pay for this $20m temporary terminal and if it falls back on Mississauga? Riders are going to get screw at the end of the day with Metrolinx continue to be lost in outer space since this is their project in the first place.

The best thing is to bit the bullet and build the subway to Cloverdale where the Gateway Hub is supposed to be in the first place, but will be about 2023 before we could use it at the earliest.

Last edited:
Was by the western extension today and road grading taking place between Erin Mill and Glen Erin. They have the southbound lane close on Glen Erin with part of it remove for the 1st section of the underpass to be built here. No work to the west of here at this time.

Grabbed a quick drive-by snap of the new signage NB Cawthra @ Eastgate:

u7hpDzZ.jpg

Was by the western extension today and road grading taking place between Erin Mill and Glen Erin. They have the southbound lane close on Glen Erin with part of it remove for the 1st section of the underpass to be built here. No work to the west of here at this time.
There is indeed work progressing west of Glen Erin. Dufferin's sub-contractor, Ron Lee Construction, is doing preliminary work just east of Winston Churchill. The same amount of work is being done east of Glen Erin, but by another sub-contractor, Coreydale Contracting.
I will head out later this week and grab some shots of the work.

There is indeed work progressing west of Glen Erin. Dufferin's sub-contractor, Ron Lee Construction, is doing preliminary work just east of Winston Churchill. The same amount of work is being done east of Glen Erin, but by another sub-contractor, Coreydale Contracting.
I will head out later this week and grab some shots of the work.

I am very rarely west of Erin Mills and only could see west of Glen Erin as I head south on it.

I have spent more time west of Mavis Rd in the past 6 months than the last few years.

I don't follow construction projects west of Mavis.

Only one person has been posting west of Mavis these days and would be nice to see others doing it also.

Until the missing section between Mavis and Erin Mills is built, not a true Transitway. They still need to build a station at Mississauga Rd without parking and hell to the NIMBY group. Just think how fast it would be getting to/from UTM using Mississauga Rd as first proposed.

I have photos, but still uploading April 19 photos at this time with 5 other days after it to get to the ones for here.

I should know this, but where is the transitway ending for the first phase? Will buses have to enter/exit at Dixie, or will the Eastgate Parkway bridge be open with buses entering/leaving the transitway at Fieldgate?

I should know this, but where is the transitway ending for the first phase? Will buses have to enter/exit at Dixie, or will the Eastgate Parkway bridge be open with buses entering/leaving the transitway at Fieldgate?
Buses will enter/exit off the east side of Dixie, north of the transitway. Traffic lights will be install there.

It would have made more sense to have a temporary enter/exit at Fieldgate using the new overpass than Dixie. Have to wait until 2016 before we can use it.

Buses will enter/exit off the east side of Dixie, north of the transitway. Traffic lights will be install there.

It would have made more sense to have a temporary enter/exit at Fieldgate using the new overpass than Dixie. Have to wait until 2016 before we can use it.
That's not at all true, the 21, 107 and 109 will all be using the Eastgate Road BRT access that was built as an add on, rather than part of phase 1 works. The ramp is halfway between Dixie and Fieldgate and is for eastbound exit from the BRT and westbound entry to the BRT.

The work was done by A1 Asphalt Maintenance, who will also be building a roundabout at Hazleton Place and Plantation Place. The two separate jobs were tendered as one contract (FA.49.498-13) back in September.

I plan on taking some pictures of the Transitway this week, so I will grab a shot or two of the Eastgate Access.

I took the 109 a couple of days ago, and I did see a ramp just east of Dixie Rd that connects to Eastgate Parkway. Makes a lot more sense.

That's not at all true, the 21, 107 and 109 will all be using the Eastgate Road BRT access that was built as an add on, rather than part of phase 1 works. The ramp is halfway between Dixie and Fieldgate and is for eastbound exit from the BRT and westbound entry to the BRT.

The work was done by A1 Asphalt Maintenance, who will also be building a roundabout at Hazleton Place and Plantation Place. The two separate jobs were tendered as one contract (FA.49.498-13) back in September.

I plan on taking some pictures of the Transitway this week, so I will grab a shot or two of the Eastgate Access.

Thanks! That's really helpful!

I said in 2004 they were dreaming for this Transitway as well saying 14 months ago it wasn't going to open in 2013 as plan. Every Parking structure Metrolinx has built these past 5 years that I have follow, all have been delay up to a year or more. I few others noted by the board have been delay as well.

[h=1]Mississauga transit projects - BRT and Clarkson parking structure - face new delays[/h]
Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra...arkson_parking_structure_face_new_delays.html

A few shots of the transitway. The in-site image uploader isn't working for me, so you'll need to click for larger images.

Dixie station:

Digital sign:

Bridge over Eastgate Parkway:

Tahoe station:

Back