Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

Let us hope that the podium is seen and reflected in other future Toronto projects and that we quickly move away from 2 story podiums and retail details that look like cheap afterthoughts.

TD has way too many locations nowadays...The Met got one, cityplace got another one, ROCP got BMO, and this...guess we know what's going underneath Aura...CIBC or Scotiabank.

TD has way too many locations nowadays...The Met got one, cityplace got another one, ROCP got BMO, and this...guess we know what's going underneath Aura...CIBC or Scotiabank.
Not necessarily a bad thing. Just 10 years ago banks were closing branches left and right downtown. TD is a T.O.-based company and it's great to see that their retail banking division is doing so well. Moreover, it shows the renewed strength of our downtown market. Bring them on!

Psst. The new TD at MarketSquare and the other one at Parliament & Queen E are both well under construction!

The one at Parliament has added a little tower on top emulating the church just east of it.

TD Canada Trust has more branches and ATMs in Toronto than any other financial institution. In addition, its branches are open longer hours than any other financial institution and TD Bank gives more money to local events and charities than any other bank. The fact that 4 new branches are opening in the downtown core (Cityplace, Parliament, Carlton, Market Square) within 12 months is remarkable and an excellent reflection of the economic vitality of the city. Banks expand where the business and the money is. TD Bank Financial Group and its affiliates are a truly homegrown local institution with a very long and multifaceted history in this city - great to see them expand on home turf!

Even though I work for Royal Bank, I still have my Toronto Dominion and wont be changing anytime soon. No complaints from me.

First and maybe only post for me...just wanted to say thanks to all who posted their pics and opinions here; this forum helped me make the decision to purchase a 2BR unit in the north tower. I'm still awfully nervous about it but every time I come back here I find my confidence in my investment improves.

Thanks again!

What's to be nervous about? It looks like a great project!

(Other than it's north of Bloor, putting it perilously close to Winnipeg and their wicked winters.)

The south tower is almost topped out and the north tower is progressing quite well. Glass has been installed on the ground level of the podium and it looks really good. Should definitely enhance that strip of Yonge Street for sure.

Pics by Gr8 Big C on flickr:

April 21, 2007

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gr8bigc/

467509228_f211967479_b.jpg

467523779_1902c9ab40_b.jpg

467523931_d865b8fa9e_b.jpg

467523385_fbbbf23ec9_b.jpg

What's to be nervous about? It looks like a great project!

(Other than it's north of Bloor, putting it perilously close to Winnipeg and their wicked winters.)

The nerves stem only from the large amounts of cash I am pouring into this thing. I've never made an investment even close to this size before. That being said, I agree with you. The entire project seems throroughly impressive and I'm excited to be in on it.

No point being nervous - it's the bank's money anyway. The worst thing that can happen is you sell, payout the bank, and move somewhere else. That was the best advice I got when I bought my place.

I'd say that you have nothing to worry about. The area is only going to get better and more expensive over the years and your unit will be worth a handsome sum. Your practically right on top of the subway stop. Imagine what that could be worth years down the road.

Mongoose: Relax (slightly off topic for a moment), a friend of mine listed his unit in a 27 year old building on Monday, a 1000 sq. ft. 2 bdrm. in a sketchy neighborhood dt for $289K. It sold in 4 days with multiple offers and closed above asking. No facilities & no central A/C. So far Quantum is looking mighty fine and in a desirable neighborhood that is somewhat under served with condos. I think you've made a wise investment there.

Back