Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

There is a TD branch at the NE corner right now. I guess it is moving to a new location now instead of later. There is a tower proposed at that corner as part of the Yonge-Eglinton Master Plan.

With TD vacating the N/E corner, I'd imagine some "land assembly" will be occuring there in the next few years and that we'll be talking about some super-tall proposed for that site within five years...with or without Karen Stinz.

Indeed. The city needs "small grocers" more than it needs chain restaurants occupying the cavernous concrete collanades of collosal condominiums.

Although I think Interchange was arguing the city doesn't need the aforementioned midtown councillor.

let me clarify what I mean by small grocers. I don't mind mom & pop shops, like independent coffee shop or independent boutique shops. Those kinda shops will bring values to the neighborhoud.

I just don't want another small grocers that just sell cigarettes or ramen nodles or chips, there's just too many of those. I don't think those kinda shops bring any values to the neighborhoud. Besides there's already a Dominion & Shoppers Drug Mart there, those little shops won't survive

Darkstar: yes, you got that right of course.

Otherwise, I couldn't care less which businesses open in the base of the complex. If there is a market for their offerings, they will around for years, if not, they'll close, and the next leaseholder will get a chance to make a go of it. The mix of street-front businesses evolves significantly in the first few years in new neighbourhoods before it begins to settle as the right mix is gradually found.

My take is that with so many residents being added to the mix here by these buildings, I would be very surprised if a Rabba-type store was not included in the mix with The Keg and the TD Canada Trust. Even with Dominion kitty-corner across Young and Eligible, a convenience food market would do very well at Minto: that's a windy corner an inhospitable to cross for much of the year. And in terms of The Keg, ehhhh, who cares? That would just be another chain location to add to the list of restaurants I don't normally patronize.

Is there any Rabba's in the Y&E area already? If not, well, yes, this is A1 perfect for such a thing...

Was by today for the first time in a long while during daylight and the podium looks great. The stone and the massing as just perfect. ROCP and City Place could have learned a lot about podiums from these guys.

I believe those 2 tenants (TD & The Keg) will occupy the entire ground floor on each side. No more space left for other vendors.

and yes, the limestone facade looks great and, it makes the podium looking very classy

So far so good. I'm in the area often and have been following this project pretty much weekly. It makes a very robust statement at street level with an appropriate design and attention to quality. It's big city urbanity- Chicago style. The difference between this project and ROCP is immediately apparent. The Cityplace 'campus' is another story altogether.

Please not another Keg! Boring. Better than a quiznos I suppose?

A cafe with a nice patio, other than another bland TD branch, would have been my preferred choice. Too bad.

^^ Yup I agree.

I am excited about the Keg, but not so about TD canada Trust. It needs tenants that open long hours into the evening and weekends to make the area livelier. Coffee shop, or restaurants with patios would've been better than TD. We know the bank closes at 6PM, and after that the area is pretty much dead.

Back