Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

Re: Minto Midtown

From Yonge & Davisville the south tower was making quite the impression in the skyline. It dominated the view north.

I like the detailing on the curtain wall on the 60s building in the background:

411716986_489b9b74dc_b.jpg

Great density for the location. I'm glad this development went through despite the opposition from the locals.

Stonework looks better then the chipped crap they are putting up on the regency yorkville site.

I like the detailing on the curtain wall on the 60s building in the background:

That would be Canadian Tire headquaters.

AKA phase 2 of the York Square complex. Toronto's classic example of what might euphemistically be called "Prudential Center Modern"--though the euphemism's blunted for those born since Boston's Big Pru was built...

"Stonework looks better then the chipped crap they are putting up on the regency yorkville site."

Yeah, and I'd like to see more of this downtown. So many of the new buildings going up west of the core are of the glass facade/curtain wall variety, i.e. Ritz, RBC, City Place and so on. They are nice buildings for the most part but seem a little suburban to me, in that if you drive around any business park or along any major artery (427, the QEW, the 410 etc) in the GTA you will see glass covered buildings of almost every colour imaginable. I agree that the buildings downtown are taller and better designed by far, but would still like to see more varied and more interesting finishes along the city streets.

great pics. i really like the balconies and how they are positioned, especially on the west side. They will have some great views looking south towards the core. i also like how they are building the smaller building first. The first one is already making a big impression on the Y&E skyline, and then the north building will make an even bigger impression. I wish college park and the met did that, but really when both buildings are complete it doesn't really matter

rocp 3 will definitly make an impression because it's so tall, and the met will too because the towers are black, they'll stand out.

couple of pics taken by gr8 bigc at flickr, taken today, showing the yonge st. curtainwall...

428313368_fba21bfd98_b.jpg

428314068_93a9a13386_b.jpg

Re: Quantum I & II [Minto Midtown} (UT)

Looking quite impressive from Yonge south of Sheppard.

Quite noticeable from the 401 now too!

It can also be seen from Eglinton @ the Allen.

...and from the east on the DVP @Eglinton

I don't know if this been posted before, but looks like The Keg restaurant is gonna occupy the ground floor of the north tower and TD Canada Trust is on the ground floor of the south tower.
www.mintomidtown.com/IQ/i...ll2006.pdf

I'm glad they have first class tenants occupying the ground floor, not just another some small grocers

Interesting about TD. Don't they already have a branch on the northeast corner of Y&E?

Back