Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

Maybe you should read the last several pages of this thread. MaRS II has been on hold for a while now, with construction ceased since sometime in December I believe. It's only now that the crane was taken down.

Maybe you should read the last several pages of this thread. MaRS II has been on hold for a while now, with construction ceased since sometime in December I believe. It's only now that the crane was taken down.

just curious, how come they don't leave the cranes up? does it cost anything to have the cranes there? does this mean that the hold will be longer than expected?

just curious, how come they don't leave the cranes up? does it cost anything to have the cranes there? does this mean that the hold will be longer than expected?

Why leave them there when they can be used somewhere else? Cranes don't come cheap.

I depends on how long the job will be on hold. Cranes are like cars they need to be ran every once and a while to keep them in shape. If they where to keep them on site they would need to send someone there everyweek to do upkeep.As for these cranes they are owned by the forming company the same company that is doing all of Concord Adex's work at City Place (which the last time I was onsite had 9 Cranes up) and their new project in North York "Park Place". So they do need these cranes.

another little update, i just walked by the site and there is still one orange crane up (the shorter crane of the two. There was a total of two cranes on this site)

it's official, i just walked by the site this morning. last crane standing was taken down. It sure was interesting to watch.

marsonhold.JPG

Just found this. Trying to figure out how this will work with the stump.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5G 1L7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 108762 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2009

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Addition(s)

Description: Proposal to construct TTC vestibule addition which connects new office building MaRS to the TTC path and "Queen's Park" subway station (120m2). Also see related building permit for new MaRS building 07-277526 BLD. Related to address 101 College St.

Just found this. Trying to figure out how this will work with the stump.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5G 1L7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 108762 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2009

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Addition(s)

Description: Proposal to construct TTC vestibule addition which connects new office building MaRS to the TTC path and "Queen's Park" subway station (120m2). Also see related building permit for new MaRS building 07-277526 BLD. Related to address 101 College St.

nice find, thanks for the info. this building will be so much more aesthetically pleasing than the ING building.

It seems that since MARS PHASE1 is fully leased there is pressure on groups to find space in nearby properties. The 'rumor' it appears is that PHASE 2 may in fact be starting up again. I've got my fingers crossed, has anyone else heard this?

Back