Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Today:

5RPyv.jpg

2rxL0.jpg

QYRqn.jpg

They were supposed to start dismantling the crane this morning but a watermain on Lower Jarvis broke - possibly due to the weight of the removal crane - and the City have been busy repairing it. It appears to have been repaired so one assumes crane removal will proceed soon. Lower Jarvis is completely closed.

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, what are the plans for the parking lot in front of shoppers? Public space?

^until then, it will be the temporary home of the Saturday/Sunday market while the new North Market is built.

After their abortive attempt last weekend (they or ?? broke a major watermain on Lower Jarvis) they are closing Lower Jarvis again on Friday night to Sunday to remove the crane.

After their abortive attempt last weekend (they or ?? broke a major watermain on Lower Jarvis) they are closing Lower Jarvis again on Friday night to Sunday to remove the crane.
Thanks for the heads up. Where did you hear about this?

Just a note that I contacted 311, who referred me to the City's Right-of-Way department concerning this, and nobody has returned my call. My question was simply was overnight work approved by the City, and what obligation is there to notify nearby residents.

Back