Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Are we now allowing indoor spaces for public art contributions as part of Sec. 37 requirements?

IMG_4238.jpg

Are we now allowing indoor spaces for public art contributions as part of Sec. 37 requirements?

It's not an indoor space. It's a covered one though. The public will always have access through there.

SkyJacked, I don't think I can thank you enough for all the pictures you've uploaded. They're very much appreciated!

As nicely integrated as the podium is to its surroundings, the glass slab squatting on top looks way out of context in this location. Wrong material and proportions, imo--red brick and setbacks would have been much more appropriate and respectful of its neighbours. Just my 5 cents.

A sea of green glass.
I guess this will define the area south of the rail tracks in the future.

I find that the sameness of all the glass in that shot actually detracts from the beauty of L Tower. It kind of just fades into the shot.

I find that the sameness of all the glass in that shot actually detracts from the beauty of L Tower. It kind of just fades into the shot.

That's an interesting take, and I agree ... that's probably why when I see shots from the St. Lawrence Market area (ground level or a few floors up) its much nicer as it stands out amongst all the brick buildings in the area ... anyway most people will indeed be viewing it from this angle, so it should really look great !

Back