Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

As nicely integrated as the podium is to its surroundings, the glass slab squatting on top looks way out of context in this location. Wrong material and proportions, imo--red brick and setbacks would have been much more appropriate and respectful of its neighbours. Just my 5 cents.

A fair comment but I don't think the tower portion is disrespectful. A mix of brick and glass works well, and this building is a stunner.

picture of the balcony wave...

8569367667_6a70276491_b.jpg

photo by me

Thanks for the kind words MrSocky, SP!RE and AndreaPalladio. You guys motivated me to put the shot on flickr and change the link in my post. I honestly didn't really look twice at it until seeing all the praise. Thanks again

I was just thinking the same thing! It just needs a few more trees with leaves out..

here is the render../QUOTE]

The little 'render park' between the Market and Market Wharf is still a car park but later in 2013 it will become the home of the temporary North Market and then, at last, when the new North Market opens in 2016 it WILL be a park. It really will look quite like the render then :->

another pic from the market st thread posted by someMidTowner

Attachments

• marketwharf.jpg
    marketwharf.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Back