Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

The former el bandito restaurant is still standing, but it looks like it's ready to cave in without so much as a poke by the demolition team.

Okay, what's different then?

Very rough and incomplete summary:

- Winners
- Calphalon centre
- Design Within Reach
- R-Shop
- Diesel Playhouse is kind of recent, I think
- That high-end menswear store/spa
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel
- Charlotte Lofts
- Hudson
- Festival Tower and Bell Lightbox (u/c)
- Glas (u/c)
- M5V (u/c)
- Victory (sales)
- Charlie (sales soon)
- at least four other parking lots purchased for development (the lot at king/spadina where Budget Rental used to be, the parking lot at adelaide & charlotte where a sales centre is u/c, and the other lots purchases by the company building the Festival Tower -- thread here).

My list is longer ;)

I can't wait for this project to begin.

Very sweet building.

82jhs0o.jpg

It'll certainly distract from the ghastly ruby red office-converted-apartments to the west.

I like the multi-coloured panels, too. I wish they'd retrofit Spire with panels similar to this - it's yellow ones just look like unfinished plywood from the street :(

It'll certainly distract from the ghastly ruby red office-converted-apartments to the west.

ya, that thing is one hideous clunker... where's that thread for buildings we'd love to see demolished?

Looks very promising. I like the multi-coloured panels and the streetwall looks hefty.

I am a bit nervous that the glass panel that juts out on the northeast face is just an artistic flourish in the render that we will never see in reality. Hopefully I am wrong, but I think we've been let down in similar ways before.

I love this building. Did it secure the elusive city approval? And so is this construction, or the beginnings of a parking lot?

Back