Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

The 30 or the 34 story version?

The render is the full 34 floors and with the slight alterations to the base. This is how the final building should look, and it does look good. I scanned the image for your viewing pleasure.
m5vcondomag.jpg

Wow that does look good. Shangrila, M5V, Festival, and the RBC/Ritz twins are really going to box this area in.

Good stuff, thanks lazarus!

Very nice.

A huge improvement from the thing they built on Bathurst a while back (across from 60 Loft).

What's going in that red box? Bright red isn't a very soothing colour so the requisite spa facilities may not work there, so...mechanical? Party room? Theatre? Virtual mahjong room? Designated scrapbooking zone?

Wow that does look good. Shangrila, M5V, Festival, and the RBC/Ritz twins are really going to box this area in.

Good stuff, thanks lazarus!

Dont forget the proposals for the Diesel Theatre, Gretsky's, further development of the parking lots surrounding Element, etc etc.

Likely the parking lots surrounding the Westinghouse building (former location of the Indian Motorcycle club) will soon be developed as well.

If I recall correctly the red box halfway up the building is a mechanical room. Overall it's conservative but I guess the success of the tower aesthetically will be in quality and attention to the details. I like the broad podium facing KingW. I'm not keen on the coloured panels.

The vertical coloured panels running up the side are dubious, but lowrise part with horizontal coloured panels facing King looks great.

In the Ad in the condo guide today... there are small little "sneak peaks" at future projects by Tas Designbuild... and I recognise ONE of them... the brown one for bloor west... but the other one.. looks simply fantastic! anyone have the image, or know what I'm talking about?

Saw this article in the Star today which I found interesting. I had no idea Speedy was dead.

Somewhat relevant since M5V is going on top of one.

Speedy nears end of the road

An Ontario court lifted Speedy's protection from creditors late last week after the holder of more than $2.8 billion in debt indicated the company would need more money than the maximum amount available under debtor-in-possession financing.

The company was the country's second-biggest auto-repair chain and used the slogan, "at Speedy, you're a somebody." Speedy had hoped to buy time under court protection and sell as many of 27 corporate stores as possible in an effort to survive.

"It is evident that the intention of Speedy is to have all of its assets sold, and that it does not intend to continue to operate beyond the conclusion of the sales process," Topolinski said.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/284274

Nice building, but the podium looks a bit tall, IMO. It should be 5-6 storeys, the same height as those two buildings at King and Blue Jays Way. Get some consistency in the emerging streetscape, like they did with Aura.

In the Ad in the condo guide today... there are small little "sneak peaks" at future projects by Tas Designbuild... and I recognise ONE of them... the brown one for bloor west... but the other one.. looks simply fantastic! anyone have the image, or know what I'm talking about?

The other one is the Joker site on Richmond.

The other one is the Joker site on Richmond.

No... cause it says its King West.... and it looks like 100 white boxes Piled up, with tons of trees all over it.... really neat if it is... actually a proposal, and not just a place-holder.

On a Different Note, I'm really excited to see M5V rise, I thing its a beautiful tower, that has been throughly thought out. The floorplans are great, and the over all foot print fits in well too. I far prefer to see projects like this one, where the building fits in between other smaller buildings, as opposed to buildings with large under-used podiums, like Milan Condos, or Malibu, or even the Four Seasons...

Tas DesignBuild has won me over! There project: Dia, in north York turned out really well!

No... cause it says its King West.... and it looks like 100 white boxes Piled up, with tons of trees all over it.... really neat if it is... actually a proposal, and not just a place-holder.

I'm not going to get into any more details about the projects other then to say that two projects will be launched next year, one at Bloor and Dundas and the other at the former Joker site, other sites are far off into the future.

Don't read too much into "King West" from an advertisement. The address is 318 Richmond Street West and Teeple are the architects.

Back