Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

I agree that the area is great for restaurants, theatres, nightlfe, etc. I am always walking around there and I love the atmoshere and action, but where are all the day-to-day amenities? Where is the nearest gym? community centre? A decent sized grocery store? library? Barbershop? Basketball court?
See above, plus there's the Healthy Butcher close by on Queen, Shoppers Drug Mart on Blue Jays Way, a Sobeys going in at Spadina and Bremner, and probably a Loblaws or even a Superstore coming to Bathurst and Lakeshore. There must be a dozen high profile gyms in the area because I keep getting pamphlets for them in the mail. There's a library down the street on King West somewhere, I guess. The Municipal Reference Library is at Metro Hall at King and John (which is the next block over). Community centre? Seriously? I'm sure there's a basketball court somewhere close by.

At M5V you are about 2-3 blocks from the centre and busiest part of the club district (Peter/Adelaide/Richmond). Around there is where most of shootings, stabbings, and figths occur.
This area poses absolutely no danger to you unless you have a habit of getting into fights or neglect to pay your dealer. Visit the ultra-NIMBY residents association for the area at www.king-spadina.com if you want to read news reports about shootings and stabbings compiled by grandmas. Could you honestly picture yourself in any of these situations? I can't figure out for the life of me why some of these people aren't living in Uxbridge.

Pardon me for all the clubs stuff, but it is relevant for the M5V location. But hey, if the clubs all go away, this site is amazing for such a great building!
I'd love to see MORE clubs. I, for one, welcome our new 905 overlords.

It's not their reputation that will affect sales, it's the location of the building.

It may be a minor factor - you can't really know unless you asked people who walked out of the sales centre empty handed - but reputation can matter...Tridel could build a condo out of quicksand and sell it out in 20 minutes.

See above, plus there's the Healthy Butcher close by on Queen, Shoppers Drug Mart on Blue Jays Way, a Sobeys going in at Spadina and Bremner, and probably a Loblaws or even a Superstore coming to Bathurst and Lakeshore. There must be a dozen high profile gyms in the area because I keep getting pamphlets for them in the mail. There's a library down the street on King West somewhere, I guess. The Municipal Reference Library is at Metro Hall at King and John (which is the next block over). Community centre? Seriously? I'm sure there's a basketball court somewhere close by.

Don't forget Dominion at king/straughan and the new longos at MLS and all the shops along Spadina. I was aware of everything that was mentioned (except for the gyms, thank you for pointing them out), I was merely posing rhetorical questions to counter the "restaurants, theatres, nightlife = everything" statements. And what's wrong with community centres? There are two I can think of off hand near by, Grange and McCaul (forgot the name) and Harbourfront Community Centre at QQ and Bathurst (where there is a really nice basketball court as well). Another one is going in at Cityplace, and a regional library there too.

This area poses absolutely no danger to you unless you have a habit of getting into fights or neglect to pay your dealer. Visit the ultra-NIMBY residents association for the area at www.king-spadina.com if you want to read news reports about shootings and stabbings compiled by grandmas. Could you honestly picture yourself in any of these situations? I can't figure out for the life of me why some of these people aren't living in Uxbridge.

I agree, but the media, the police cameras and the large police presence can alter ones perception about the area. I don't envision myself being a target (too lazy to fight and my dealers are all paid up;)), but I've also been caught in the middle of minor scuffles that break out as I'm walking by. shit happens that you can't control.

I'd love to see MORE clubs. I, for one, welcome our new 905 overlords.

Good for you. I'll be happy if new drum and bass/jungle clubs open up as well. But how many more clubs do you honestly think are going to open up? or even stay open? I wish the district had more protection and not allow so many condos to go up. I do think it will cause more clubs to close and in effect ruin something that was great.

grey,

I can't figure out for the life of me why some of these people aren't living in Uxbridge.

Because they want to live downtown. The concerns they have are for the community they live in.

... aerial view, older photo and another from this weekend

M5Vr.jpg

M5V.jpg

DSCN0481_resize.jpg

I wonder how many clubs we'll see shut down without being replaced in that area in the same time - I assume a few doors will close.

... the "Klik" nightclub site (1) was purchased in July/07 by Aspen Ridge (DeGasperis) and the "Joe" nightclub site (2) was purchased by CTV in August/07. Both companies own a good chunk of adjacent land/buildings in their respective blocks, so it appears the two clubs will eventually be taken out of the mix as development proceeds.

RichmondStWNightclubs.jpg

That rendering shows 30 floors.

It's missing 4.

Yeah, other than the trees, it looks like it's going up in Dog River.

I wonder how the residents at City Place feel about their entire development being bulldozed for this little building? Also, the hot dog vendor outside the Mountain Equipment Co-op (which, apparently, also fell victim to bulldozers) must be thrilled about the large, park-like trees they're definitely 100% positively going to plant, and on BOTH sides of the street

Back