Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

I actually do find it monotonous but I mean that is to be expected given that it is all being developed during one stylistic period. In contrast similar buildings built throughout the city simply add another layer to the existing fabric. I know some people want more uniformity of style and form in the city but to be honest I don't think that is what we are about. The buildings we build today say "2000-2010" as much as the slabs from the 60's and 70's can be dated to their respective booms.

The monotony is tragic.

DSCN1492.jpg

(Pic taken from Bloor/Landsdowne area... I think this is Luna rising... Is it?)

Yuck! City Place from that angle reminds me of driving along the 401 through North York! So much for the dark cladding and window tint on West 1 and N2.

\/\/\/ ahahhaha

found this image over at SSC, originally posted by Maldive. Shows before and after skyline renderings with new, u/c and proposed buildings highlighted in black. Going to be a serious skyline in about 5 years!

I had put it in one of my photo threads and it was suggested that I post it somewhere in P+C, so decided since City Place is in the foreground why not here?

e5itmd.jpg

^And the amazing part is that even in the short time since that render was created, we already know of more proposed talls -- i.e. the former Sapphire site (at least 55 floors) and the Military Club (43? floors). Plus there's the ~45 floor office building at 45 Bay by SITQ, and no doubt many others still under wraps (Manulife?).

Bill

ya, I think that even the 2 Infinty buildings that are already built seem to be missing too...

As for the topic of this thread... I am unsure if I like Luna or Parade. I mean they are decent size and scale but they just seem a bit too contrived and mess with the flow of the rest of City Place. Maybe they just need some neighbours on the north side of Front St... bye bye National Post!

ya, I think that even the 2 Infinty buildings that are already built seem to be missing too...

As for the topic of this thread... I am unsure if I like Luna or Parade. I mean they are decent size and scale but they just seem a bit too contrived and mess with the flow of the rest of City Place. Maybe they just need some neighbours on the north side of Front St... bye bye National Post!

Forget the Globe and Mail. Towers should be built on the south side of Front Street between Spadina and Bathurst. Right now there is just a train parking lot for GO. Cant they find another location to store those trains? Without touching the in-use tracks, there is more than enough room for towers all along the south side of a widened Front Street.

Forget the Globe and Mail. Towers should be built on the south side of Front Street between Spadina and Bathurst. Right now there is just a train parking lot for GO. Cant they find another location to store those trains? Without touching the in-use tracks, there is more than enough room for towers all along the south side of a widened Front Street.

For that matter, why not burry the entire train yard between Spadina and Bathurst by building towers over top?

Ok, far fetched I admit it.

Tragic is an understatement.

Well, your eye doesn't see that type of telephoto compression, but I know what you're getting at.

Back