Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

I moved out of Luna 2 years ago, but I lived there for 4 years and really enjoyed it. I love the way it looks at night.

The negative rap Cityplace gets is very unjustified. Though TBH I never lived next to an AirBNB or group of young partiers. I suppose my opinion would be very different if I had. But the area is very family friendly now, and it has a real "residential" feel to it, which is nice.

My only unique complaint about this building is the wind. Capreol Crt is some type of insane wind tunnel. I don't know if a study was ever done, but if so, it was wrong. Anybody who lives in a west facing unit will get some serious wind noise on even a mildly windy day.

Luna and Montage were the best phases of Cityplace for me. Panorama wasn't that bad, and IMO makes the most out of something that's left out on its own little island. Detailing started to go downhill once they got to Parade and Spectra/Quartz though.
West One / N1 is a fantastic complex, as is the earlier Apex project north of the tracks. The latter was completed in 2003 - I'd love to see area photos if anyone has any from that time!

Not necessarily showing the all phases of Cityplace mentioned, but I dug up some old photos of the area from my Flickr archives dated between 2011-13:

5897560337_644ba623b1_b.jpg

8498719684_a6126255ce_b.jpg

8498723628_01b98fa2c2_b.jpg

8498724760_66bd7a1cc7_b.jpg
7388599852_7d682b58c2_b.jpg

Who remembers the CityCore 9 hole and driving range?

I remember that very well - it was surreal.

It's too bad a portion of the golf course wasn't kept in place to serve as Canoe Landing Park. It wouldn't be in the same location, but that second photo above looks way nicer than what we actually got as a park.

Could've put all the density on the west side with the park along Spadina, and a future rail deck park to expand it to Front eventually.
1619631429186.png

Last edited:

Back