Toronto LTD Condos | ?m | 15s | Malibu Investments | RAW Design

I've come to the undeniable conclusion that this character MoreMies is a not only a complete waste of time but an overall moron to boot. How else to best explain this person's continually negative and insulting posts plus their condoscending tone.

Some people just have different points of view. I like to hear contrasting views and debates as they might show me something I have overlooked and allows me to think critically and form my own opinion based on all the given arguments. I tend to ignore the insults because it takes more than a random person on an internet forum to bother me.

MoreMies/vultur/investor, whether the same person or not, always had an opinion and something constructive to say, even if it was negative criticism. He/she contributed more than some people who only seemed to criticize him/her, rather than contributing their own viewpoints about a certain development. Saying things like "a complete waste of time" and "overall moron" only sinks down to the same level.

Sorry for my mini-rant, but it's really annoying to see posts that are just forumer-bashing rather than development-bashing or applauding.

"Live right at the centre of it all! Homeless people, drug addicts, fumes from the Gardiner, CNE traffic, Island Airport noise and congestion, and more! And best of all, for those of you who can't get enough of the colour green, you will have an unobstructed view of the grotesque master planned quasi-public housing development, CityPlace! Who wouldn't want to be a part of this special project?"

That is the general description of the area. Although, if I am correct and the building runs perpendicular to Bathurst, then most of the view would be towards Malibu/Lake or Gardiner/King and Bathurst area. You would be able to look out towards CityPlace, but there would be green, blue, and gray glass in front of hundreds and hundreds of other buildings in a wide panoramic view of an amazing city. And by living here you will be in the middle of a really nice master planned community, steps away from several streetcar lines to take you all over the City. There will be a park within the same community, one to the south (Corontation Park), one to the east (CityPlace Park) and Fort York all within a 5-minute walk. You are close to many jobs in the core, entertainment, restaurants, a waterfront trail, special events and everything else downtown has to offer. Plus, I think it is an attractive looking building.

There's a three storey building on the south side of Lakeshore, just west of Bathurst, I believe. Seems so out of place now that it's surrounded by highrises. Is that public housing? If it is, the City could cash in on the redevelopment potential and end up with many more and better subsidized units.

Why? It's not a squalid slum or anything; more like a western satellite of the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood. (And when one thinks of it relative to the rest of Bathurst Quay, including those more recent OakvilleBronte-ish tacky townhouses + the Tip Top Lofts, it isn't necessarily so underscaled. The isolation's more one of demographic than one of scale.)

Heck, you might as well be suggesting that the City could cash in on the redevelopment potential of the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood. (Yeah, right.)

I think it is an attractive looking building

I'd have to agree. It's a great looking building but it's too bad it'll be literally sandwiched in between Malibu and (apparently) yet another highrise to the north.

The only views here will be... well... I don't think any. Unless you count looking directly into a neighbouring building.

map from developer's marketing materials

Maybe this will help clarify where the project will be located:

ltdareamapkh9.jpg

^Huh? Who is debating where the site is? If you read back on the thread it will clarify for you that everyone knows where it is already.

And really, what a lame piece of marketing material that is. What do any of those "landmarks" have to do with LTD?

I wonder if those restaurants and spas paid to be mentioned there.

^Wow, what I grouch I was that day.

---

I am definitely wrong about the size of this site location. I drove by today and there is absolutely enough room for one more condo to the north of LTD.

But I'm certainly right that absolutely NO ONE in LTD (except for high floors facing east) will have a view of anything except directly into a window of a neighbouring building. Too bad, this great little building will be wasted sandwiched in this cluster of towers.

DSCN2164.jpg

DSCN2168.jpg

Many thanks for the link.

I don't usually comment on floorplans, but these strike me as exceptionally bad: too many slanted walls, which make furniture placement difficult and the spaces all but useless in utiltity.

Developers: get it right! How hard can it be to carve up a slab of concrete into rectangles and squares? The most useable floorplan I've ever seen is a dumpy (but quiet) lowrise apartment building I lived in in Waterloo: Huge storage space/closets, large kitchen, 2 bedrooms, huge walk in closets, etc. The price? $700/month:)

I completely agree with the comments regarding the floorplans. The sharp angles will make furniture placement extremely difficult. With that being said, I also feel that the room dimensions are way too small. A master bedroom at 9'-10" x 8' - 10"? Really?

Anyway, the developers are marketing this project as an "intimately scaled" building. I guess they are atleast being honest with that one. :p

Back