2017.JPG

Attachments

• 2009.JPG
    2009.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 720
  • 2017.JPG
    2017.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 686
Thought there was an "automated de-icing system" on that ramp? See link.

In addition, Robinson announced automation initiatives adopted by the city, namely on the Yonge-Bay-York ramp that is being reconstructed and replaced with the Simcoe ramp. When the ramp opens in 2018, it will feature the first ever automated de-icing system, embedded into the infrastructure itself.

“(The system) allows staff to simply hit a button from a remote location to fully de-ice this ramp” she said.

Maybe the operator was afraid that pressing the button would set off a missile. lol!

Strange. My nephew just failed his driving test in Etobicoke for this reason. Waited for a pedestrian to cross 3 lanes plus the median and then started to turn left. Was told he had to wait for the pedestrian to cross all 6 lanes before he could turn left and failed.

I guess the tester must have been on a power trip. Next stop for my nephew is Peterborough or some other smaller city.

Although in every animation where there is left turn traffic (from the ramp to Northbound York and Bay St's) shows a motorist breaking the law by turning left into the far right lane rather than in to the closest, middle, lane.

- In the York St animation, lead vehicle (grey?) commits the error, while second vehicle (red) performs the maneuver properly, and third vehicle (purple) also commits the error
- In the Bay St animation, lead vehicle (grey, teal?) again, commits the error, while second vehicle (brown) performs it properly

Thought there was an "automated de-icing system" on that ramp? See link.

Maybe the operator was afraid that pressing the button would set off a missile. lol!

I am starring at the ramp right now, and it looks just as empty and snow covered as in the picture above. I am not convinced the de-icing system is on or doing much right now

Back