Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

Oct 9: Final paint done, fences coming down:

IMG_20171009_163036.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171009_163036.jpg
    IMG_20171009_163036.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 467
Looks like a real ramp now, you could technically use it
How can you say the ramp can be technically ready for use when the concrete is not pour for it as well there is an opp's in elevations?? Then there are 2 barriers and a few pile of dirt as well missing the guard rail.

Looks like early Nov will see the Simcoe intersection close to traffic to finish it off so they can repave the area and strip the new road layout.

Can't tell if new traffic lights install for the off ramp for that photo. The Simcoe northbound lanes will stop south of the new off ramp and going to confuse a few drivers where they will be stopping now.

How can you say the ramp can be technically ready for use when the concrete is not pour for it as well there is an opp's in elevations?? Then there are 2 barriers and a few pile of dirt as well missing the guard rail.

Obviously nobody is saying the ramp is up to MTO standards and the City will open it to traffic at 6AM today. I believe that comment was very clearly understandable as meaning that the ramp now fits the definition of a ramp, i.e. it provides a continuous surface gradually decreasing in height from the highway down to the road, with no open gaps/holes in it, i.e. the entire basic body of it has been constructed. You could walk, bike, or drive a vehicle down it, in theory. To me, this is very impressive given how recently construction started/the old one was demolished, especially given how slow many other construction projects in the city and region progress.

Obviously nobody is saying the ramp is up to MTO standards and the City will open it to traffic at 6AM today. I believe that comment was very clearly understandable as meaning that the ramp now fits the definition of a ramp, i.e. it provides a continuous surface gradually decreasing in height from the highway down to the road, with no open gaps/holes in it, i.e. the entire basic body of it has been constructed. You could walk, bike, or drive a vehicle down it, in theory. To me, this is very impressive given how recently construction started/the old one was demolished, especially given how slow many other construction projects in the city and region progress.
If it wasn't for the opp's, technically you could use it assuming traffic light were install and no rain/snow taking place.

If it wasn't for the long delay getting the retaining wall material to site, the ramp could be or about to be finish a few weeks ago. If you didn't have all the delays, the ramp could be put into service starting Nov and well ahead of schedule.

Thanks! Excellent news - a large and healthy canopy will help that stretch of Harbour a lot.

AoD

So happy that Silva Cells seem to have become official policy wherever new trees are planted. What has always stood out jarringly in Toronto's main streets is how grey and dead it is in contrast with the lush side streets. As more of these Silva Cells spread, our main streets are going to become green and leafy.

So happy that Silva Cells seem to have become official policy wherever new trees are planted. What has always stood out jarringly in Toronto's main streets is how grey and dead it is in contrast with the lush side streets. As more of these Silva Cells spread, our main streets are going to become green and leafy.
One problem with this new City policy was seen at the Globe & Mail building along King Street where they could not use silva cells due to underground pipes and wires so we got NO trees at all! The City now seems to admit this was stupid (there had been trees there before) and if they can't put trees into a 'perfect' location- silva cells - they will allow them to be planted in less than ideal conditions.

One problem with this new City policy was seen at the Globe & Mail building along King Street where they could not use silva cells due to underground pipes and wires so we got NO trees at all! The City now seems to admit this was stupid (there had been trees there before) and if they can't put trees into a 'perfect' location- silva cells - they will allow them to be planted in less than ideal conditions.

Admittedly I haven't dug through the City's streetscapes policy so I may be asking a question for which the answer is patently obvious, but does it at least allow for greenery that is less than a tree?

Dan
Toronto, Ont

Back