Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

`
shangm18.jpg

The Combination of fog and the emerging sun yesterday at 5pm made for this really amazing light effect on the Shangr-La. Lots of people stopped to take photos for the good minute or two it was happening. Just happened to catch it. I wish I had my SLR on me, but at least my phone took some useable pictures.

Great shots, imagine if the windows were clean how much more dramatic that should would have been? Well done!
This is getting to a really exciting stage with the ground level rushing to completion, balcony glass going in and final levels of glass being installed at the top. How the box above the PH units will be treated is unclear in the renderings, I hope they don't mess up there. I doubt they will though after doing everything so right here.

The glass has gone up on the fins surrounding the penthouses on the west side. Looking really great. On another note: I think they've used every possible material on earth to cover the podium area - maybe cover the last bits in diamond or unobtanium if they can swing it :p In any case, building is looking hot.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 2012-03-21 15.51.08.jpg
    2012-03-21 15.51.08.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Shangri-la-di-da!

ShangP1260482.jpg

ShangP1260481.jpg

ShangP1260483.jpg

ShangP1260484.jpg

ShangP1260491.jpg

It looks like madness but we should probably wait until it's finished and see how it all comes together.

I agree. It's just that at this point it's hard to see what they can do to improve it. Maybe (hopefully) they have a surprise up their sleeve.

Today - a hazy, warm day from University & College -

no matter where you are on University, shangri-la is pure win. people say what they will about the other sides, the university side is amazing.

A building that turns its side to University's view corridor isn't a win in my estimation. The north and south elevations are afterthoughts.

Back