Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Looking at that image it's very easy to imagine what it would be like if the CBD was equal of size on both sides of University.

A CBD on both Sides of University is likely to happen in the distant future.

Once RBC and 151 Front are up. you will see.

We will also have a nice mid-town section at Yonge and Bloor too!!

here is an image I coped from SSP - vancouver thread(forum.skyscraperpage.com/...4&page=67) that shows the Vancouver version of the Shangri-la. Personally I really like it as it does not look like that generic condo cladding that everyone else seems to use. I think it is good news as the two projects are supposed to be pretty much the same.

KICX4445.jpg

Maybe it's going to be curtain wall, like the Ritz. Burgher of TO would probably know. It looks kinda unitized...

The window/curtain wall seems to be projected outward with some airspace in between - double skin facade?

AoD

That looks like fine cladding and yes, better than what we have been seeing for market-level condos here in town. Vancouver has always done a decent job, even with some of their mid-range condos.

Here's hoping we will see decent cladding for the Rtiz, Four Seasons and this project.

The Vancouver project just has a single skin curtain wall. Glass seems a bit cheap, as it has a lot of distortion.
The coloured boxes are holographic glass - jury is out as to whether they look good or tacky.

Shangri-La Vancouver looks much different in that picture than from the apposite angle. I wouldn't have guessed the picture above was the same building as the pics I've seen of it.

I find them a little distracting though, but when it is all said and done, this will probably be one of the most dramatic change to any skyline in Canada in probably the last 15 years.

Looks like they are keeping Bishop's Block intact rather than as a facade. Great stuff.

I second that the location makes this one of the most significant and important additions to the skyline.

I'm no botanist but I think those trees on the roof wouldn't be too happy with the climate up there.

wow, the renderings are incredible! they'll need them to sell this huge thing, might take a little while...going to give university that glitz it needs near the four seasons

Is this building actually U/C yet? Emporis has it listed as underway.

Back