Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Maybe the LG will start having processions again. I don't think one has taken the laudau for a spin up University since Hal Jackman in the early '90s.

The north face of the tower could use a folded treatment akin to the east face. (Should I assume that the west face is folded like the east?)

Edit: Oh look - there's the answer to the west face question below...

I'm happy to see they're saving the entire old structure in this plan.

436681616_96a7ef9ede_o.jpg

Thats great if they could save whats left of the Bishops Block, few people realize that it is the oldest remaining building left in downtown Toronto......everytime I walk by there I would love to see what it looks like even in the state it is in now.

I have a book called Lost Toronto that has a very good writeup on that building.....its so cool that it is still standing after so many winters.

From the nightime shot posted by WhistlerinMuskoka, looks like there may be a light feature up the north side's vertical slit.

Also, note what look like Dale Chihuly glass scuptures above the swimming pool (Westbank installed a Dale Chihuly sculpture at its Residences on Georgia project in Vancouver).

Oooh, Dale Chiluly - v.v. klassy. Maybe they will have some Thomas Kinkade paintings as well.

Sir Novelty: Your 'Just Another Tower' comment gave me a flashback of the great debate we had earlier on this thread concerning 'anywhere' buildings versus contextual Toronto Style ones ...

Great rendering 3D. Toronto will definitely have the most “unique†looking skyline in North America if all these projects go ahead as planned.

Back