Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Oct 5

approx 5 more floors to go

p1120250.jpg

p1120272p.jpg

holy shiz didnt realize that many floors to go- we should list it with total height- 58 is dumb when there is actually gonna be 64/65 floors

Taken October 6, 2012:

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

SkyKacked: Thank you for joining UT's L-Tower forum, and for sharing your comments and posting some fabulous photos. Please keep them coming. I think you are the envy of just about everyone on this forum, although you wouldn't catch me climbing up the tower to your perch. Welcome, and we all look forward to your continuing contributions.

IMG_0313.jpg

From the L Tower construction info page:

Sunday, October 7
Aerobatic ballet rehearsal on the north face of the L Tower. No construction noise will be created by this activity.
Monday, October 8 – THANKSGIVING DAY
Aerobatic ballet rehearsal on the north face of the L Tower. No construction noise will be created by this activity.

HUH?

great article by William Thorsell in the Globe, about the topping off of the L Tower, and the liberating aspects of some of the architecture we are starting to get here...I wholly agree with everything he has to say....and especially like his description of OCAD as 'pop art' - never thought of it that way before, but I think he nails it...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/home-and-garden/architecture/liberation-architecture-libeskind-and-gehry-free-toronto-from-the-dry-functionality-of-modernism/article4592904/

Then again, given his ROM-my vested interest re Libeskind, that piece may be what Frank magazine once would have labelled as "Drivel"

That south west view from the street is a stunner. Love the angles.

I couldn't resist stitching together two of SkyJacked's pictures into a verical panorama. I hope he doesn't mind.

8056882044_acdc167e82_o.png

Excellent Work udo. I most certainly don’t mind, so long as you don’t mind that I have been showing it off with my new phone ever since you posted it. I hope you can find more to play with in the future.
DSCI0264.jpg

DSCI0404.jpg

Last edited:
All I have to share for now are older photos with a lame camera. I am going to post some random stuff today and next week I should have some fresh and new.
DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0055.jpg

Sharing space with the concrete pump

DSCI0102.jpg

DSCI0103.jpg

DSCI0116.jpg

DSCI0112.jpg

Last edited:

Back