Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

from the perspective that jason posted L tower will look same height as pinnacle maby a little higher

It should be about the same height as the east tower of Brookfield Place, but as someone said on the previous page it's on slightly lower land a couple of blocks closer to the lake - but not as low as Pinnacle's Success tower

from today
DSCF4424.jpg

DSCF4375.jpg

DSCF4376.jpg

DSCF4364.jpg

they are too far away from the FlatIron to make any difference. on the other hand, 25 colborne kind of destroys the tranquility of the church beside it.

Maybe you are thinking of different buildings, but if you look at the picture above by Jasonzed, the Flatiron building is alreadypartially obscured by L tower so I think they will have a huge effect on the building. Positive from some angles, but from many angles, this handsome building will be blocked.

That curtainwall o_O

So much yes.

But on a serious note, it is nice that they are using high quality materials facing Front Street, but the more noticeable side will be the west one. I'm really hoping for a pull through in the end, a-la Couture, otherwise this building might not be as impressive as it should be to the pedestrians coming up from Union.

Great pictures! Thank you. I was wondering how they're going to handle the blind situation for those north facing units where the windows will curve upwards and inwards. What type of blind would they use?

i gotta say l tower's glass on the north side looks good in the lighting where the sun reflects off of it and the sky, it gives the cladding a very blue hue to it. not as depressing as other lighting

Great pictures! Thank you. I was wondering how they're going to handle the blind situation for those north facing units where the windows will curve upwards and inwards. What type of blind would they use?

interesting question. they would probably use normal ones, just push them inwards away from the window a bit so that it doesn't fall on the slant below. but i dunno, i wouldn't have blinds if i lived there,

unless it's the west/east sides, where the sun comes in the most. but there it won't be a problem since the glass is flat.

I think current is a member here at UT, but he has posted some pics over at SSC that show the curve has started...

7317759216_1137609921_b.jpg

7317757212_a59b5ae228_b.jpg

7317761544_1f1c97290c_b.jpg

also
7317765010_8cd7289686_b.jpg

Opinions? Will Backstage and L Tower make the flatiron 25 The Esplanade look better or take away from the look?

In my opinion the view of The Esplanade (25 Esplanade) is essentially gone with L Tower going up and Backstage to come. It can't be good for resale either, especially with the larger, primo units that face west (suite A) and south facing units at the west end of the building.

The L Tower glass on the north is looking better than I'd hoped, and the west facing glass looks good too. I much prefer blue glass to green, the area south of here and to the west sure has plenty of green. Fingers crossed here!

Back