Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I stood up close to L Tower the other day and the north side is quite striking. can't wait to see it as it curves. I also believe that the top has a diagonal cut to it. I hope they follow through on that.

I too was a little skeptical of the cladding at first, but having seen four floors, thumbs up.

^ Think about that for a second. Are the floors smaller on the West side than they are on the North? ...

... it's an optical illusion.

^ Think about that for a second. Are the floors smaller on the West side than they are on the North? ...

... it's an optical illusion.

Aren't they actually different? The north elevation is angled while the west side is not, so the northern windows have a slightly longer expanse to cover (Pythagorean theorem) . Plus the north windows are curtainwall in front of the slabs while the west windows are window wall within the slabs so there is some visual effect there too.

Last edited:
Doors Open 2012

Some more L-Tower viewpoints ...

... from Chairman's Boardroom on 12th floor at One King West:

7275766802_a16beb2fb1_c.jpg

... from stairs in front of Rogers Centre:

7275768490_5562cd1646_c.jpg

Last edited:
Guessing, slightly higher than where the tip on the crane is now.

Yeah looks like 2/3rds up and 1/3 (65-70 meters) to go.

I never saw, nor did anyone ever post a photo from the site with a "Notice of Variance" posted, so I think it's safe to assume it stays at 57 storeys. Further, below is the revision from last September of L-Tower/Sony Centre which looks to be the same height and no reference of a height adjustment.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

At least as tall as the Bay-Wellington Tower which is 683ft tall. L is 673 and closer to the photographer.

I would be a little surprised if most people can perceive a 10 ft difference at any great distance. On the other hand is not L "downhill" from the Bay-Wellington tower? If so, it may look very slightly shorter than the B-W tower in the view in the photos above.

I would be a little surprised if most people can perceive a 10 ft difference at any great distance.

Never said anyone would.
10 feet would be more or less negligible from that distance. But because L tower is closer to the camera, which is set at a much lower elevation than the pinnacle for both towers(ground level), it should look taller from that perspective.

As for the difference in elevation, goggle earth suggests its only 3ft(266ft ASL for BWC and 263ft ASL for L) although that seems somewhat low.

Back