Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Not to take away from what you're saying, but I think it will add even more value to the skyline when viewed from the east - its shape will be evident, like the Ritz from the west. That's not to say that it won't add to the visible density from the lake, but I think I'm going to like how this plays out when I'm coming into the city on the eastbound Gardiner.

I'm also pretty jazzed about the fact that the balconies are recessed, and don't protrude. A great way to balance quality of life for residents of the building with aesthetics for residents of the city.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive comments everyone.

Believe us, no one is as excited to see L Tower grow than we are. Very exciting and we're really looking forward to getting more info out!

Yes "to-enthusiast", I agree 100% and can't wait to see this amazing iconic landmark.

Visit the new website theltower.com

Don't know why this address change from 1 Front st. east to 8 the Esplanade that

might influence the value of this bulding. also, the address on the Yonge st. is better

than on the Esplanade.

I need you to offer good suggestions.

I prefer a Yonge St address.

from today

20100719045.jpg

20100719049.jpg

20100719046.jpg

20100719053.jpg

20100719051.jpg

20100719055.jpg

I recd an invite to attend a info event on Aug 5 for the release of 42 units on the high floors, although I dont think we have seen a minor variance ap, you never know. Maybe just a release of units because the developer held them? I will keep you all posted here.

Last edited:
Hi George - I also recieved that invite.

They are releasing some new floors w/ 10 foot ceilings. This building was previously sold out. I should have a price list and floor plans tomorrow.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

I don't know if these units being released are on additional floors or not, but if they are, then at 42 units (with 6 units per floor for high floors), that's 7 extra floors. At about 3.2m to 3.3m per floor (10-foot ceilings plus floor slabs), that's ~23m extra for a total height of ~228m, good for 3rd place on the list of buildings in Toronto currently under construction (up from the current 6th place) behind Trump and Aura. (Number One Bloor will also be ahead of L Tower once it gets going.)

Oops, forgot about that one. Still, the list of 200m+ towers under construction now, or within a few months, in Toronto is insane:

(spires not counted)

1. 257m 60 floors Trump
2. 252m 75 floors Aura
3. 236m 70 floors Number One Bloor
4. 233m 67 floors Ice Condominiums East
5. 228m 64 floors L Tower
6. 213m 65 floors Shangri-La
7. 210m 52 floors Ritz
8. 204m 52 floors Four Seasons
9. 202m 57 floors Ice Condominiums West

Back