Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Don't know why this address change from 1 Front st. east to 8 the Esplanade that

might influence the value of this bulding. also, the address on the Yonge st. is better

than on the Esplanade.

I need you to offer good suggestions.

1 Front St. East is the address of the Sony Centre. L Tower is a separate building, on the corner of Yonge and Esplanade. There's no possible way it could have a "Front Street" address.

From Coral Builder at SSC:

I have spoken to a contractor working on this project (off the record). The owner told me that this excavation is currently delayed as the initial excavation and shoring plan is being revised due to the failure of the initial design. The discovery of masonry block instead of concrete walls and footings on the initial building is going to result in a drastic increase in the engineering and therefore the time to properly excavate and undermine the existing building and garage. He also told me they are going at least 5 floors below the existing garage. Cheers.

They want to both properly excavate and undermine the original structure?! The two aren't mutually exclusive actions I suppose, but pick one... and preferably the former!

8 Esplanade

Does anyone know the outcome of the meeting held at City Hall on June 23 ?

Appreciate if someone can post an update.

From Coral Builder at SSC:

I've spoken with an insider and this is completely, 100% false. The project is right on schedule.

What the user describes makes absolutely no sense at all with the L Tower project.

Perhaps the user has it mixed-up with another project?

Taken this afternoon

4750910828_6a27624e5f_b.jpg

I walked by the site today. It didn't seem like the excavator was actually digging; it looked like it was pushing mounds of dirt and debris into already excavated areas and then packing it all flat. Can anybody explain what they may have been doing?

They want to both properly excavate and undermine the original structure?! The two aren't mutually exclusive actions I suppose, but pick one... and preferably the former!

On behalf of the Owner, Ferncastle (Front Street) Inc., the project has not revised its excavating and shoring - caisson plan other than for a slight modification to same along the westerly (Yonge Street) edge of the property due to an improperly mapped Toronto Hydro concrete duct which encroached onto the subject property. Furthermore the project is designed for two basement levels north of the L Tower building footprint which will serve as the replacement space for the Sony Centre "Back of House". Beneath the footprint of the building will sit three levels of basement which will service, separately, the infrastructure requirements for the Sony Center and the future L Tower. The parking for the L Tower is to be located directly across the street, on the Esplanade, and will consist of six levels of below grade parking serviced by an underground connecting tunnel with the L Tower.

Hope this clears things up!

Does anyone know the outcome of the meeting held at City Hall on June 23 ?

Appreciate if someone can post an update.

On behalf of the Owner, Ferncastle (Front Street) Inc., The Toronto Committee of Adjustment approved all of the minor variances requested

The questions are flying in now!

The L Tower will be a concrete construction.

To let everyone know, we are currently in the process of re-designing our website and will be launching a blog very soon which will be providing all the latest information on our projects amongst other things.

Once we are finished with the designs (which will be soon) I'll post the links here.

Thanks Cityzen, it's really great to have your input here!

Thanks Cityzen, it's really great to have your input here!

It really is! This tower is one of the most important going up in the city but is also one of the lightest of information at the current time. The blog will be appreciated, Cityzen.

Back