Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

^I disagree. I loved the giant boot squashing the Sony.

I was imagining all the millions of tourist photos of people being squished by the boot. You know what I mean. Those pictures using forced perspective to give the impression the person in the picture is doing something unusual, like leaning on the Eiffel Tower or holding up the leaning tower of Pisa. I pictured all those silly shots of tourists crouching down in horror as this giant boot almost steps on them.

I bet it would have become one of the most iconic images in the world and would have increased tourism more than you think.

^I disagree. I loved the giant boot squashing the Sony.

I was imagining all the millions of tourist photos of people being squished by the boot. You know what I mean. Those pictures using forced perspective to give the impression the person in the picture is doing something unusual, like leaning on the Eiffel Tower or holding up the leaning tower of Pisa. I pictured all those silly shots of tourists crouching down in horror as this giant boot almost steps on them.

I bet it would have become one of the most iconic images in the world and would have increased tourism more than you think.

We dodged a bullet. Thanks for further reinforcing my disapproval of the boot.

no height increase, they did chop up larger units, high floor units approx $800 psf

Lesson fot today.
Pay attention to what Granny says.
...and eat all your spinach. ;)

the boot was iconic!

Perhaps the boot was iconic
A result of one too many Gin and Tonic?
And in the end, itself got the boot
And you have to admit
That is kind of ironic

sorry
I'll go now

More Granny on the forum please!

From today...
20100807a196.jpg

20100807a198.jpg

20100807a199.jpg

20100807a200.jpg

20100807a201.jpg

Nice to see the L Tower's losing the podium consolation prize "Oh but you get a public plaza!" go out the window. That elevated entry court to a condo building isn't very inviting to the public if you ask me.

Anyway, nice landscaping.

Last edited:

Back