Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

I can't recall when completion of this building was expected, but I noticed their old office on King William is being renovated and the old counter and stuff was taken out. They were working in it today. Makes me think they'll be using it as a leasing office which tells me they'll likely start trying to lease these out shortly with move in sometime in Q1 or Q2 2024?

Today:
B679E3F0-0ADD-45FA-9C2A-C6A66CAD1172.jpeg

31573167-B053-4756-B2E9-CB6EC3DE27C7.jpeg

03013C27-51D6-47FF-ABD1-0F727A77835F.jpeg

The tree is way too close to the building to grow properly.

Every source I can find says trees should be planted anywhere from 4’ to 20’ from a building’s foundation.

Even the renders show properly-placed trees. Weird.
Exactly my point. It's like someone who didn't understand landscaping designed this - it's bizarre and it doesn't leave room for patio space - I am really not understanding this area - they are going to have to CONSTANTLY trim those trees, and the roots may actually cause issues to the structure.

Wouldn't be surprised if that whole area got resurfaced and they get moved in the future. Also how are those trees going to get enough light.. at least just plant ornamental hedges or something there, or rose bushes.. something that would make more sense in such a small space..

the only thing I can guess is that because there is a lack of a blvd on the other side of the sidewalk close to the road they had to make do.. which is a bad compromise but whatever... I mean it's sorta the same on the north side but those trees are RIGHT beside the sidewalk.. on the south side they compromised further along by putting little inset blvds near the road to plant the trees..

..although, to be fair.. I HAVE seen trees planted quite close to the foundation in other parts of hamilton, and you can literally see them growing out on an angle away from the building.. so this will probably be the case with this. Hopefully those roots don't start to bore into the parking garage though - tree roots secrete a substance that dissolves rock as they grow so it really doesn't matter WHAT you build the parking garage out of. Not that this would probably be an issue in our lifetime.

Last edited:
Exactly my point. It's like someone who didn't understand landscaping designed this - it's bizarre and it doesn't leave room for patio space - I am really not understanding this area - they are going to have to CONSTANTLY trim those trees, and the roots may actually cause issues to the structure.

Wouldn't be surprised if that whole area got resurfaced and they get moved in the future. Also how are those trees going to get enough light.. at least just plant ornamental hedges or something there, or rose bushes.. something that would make more sense in such a small space..

the only thing I can guess is that because there is a lack of a blvd on the other side of the sidewalk close to the road they had to make do.. which is a bad compromise but whatever... I mean it's sorta the same on the north side but those trees are RIGHT beside the sidewalk.. on the south side they compromised further along by putting little inset blvds near the road to plant the trees

They may not have to trim the trees as they likely won’t grow enough to be needed.

Keep an eye out for branches growing out of the base of the tree; A sign of stress.

Planting the trees abutting the sidewalk would have created a nice canopy over both the sidewalk and part of King William, creating a cool, shady atmosphere for those hot climate crisis days.

Downtown feels so much different with these finished. Feels big city. Can't wait to see what it's like when The Rebecca, Design District, 75 James and Corktown are all done. Should be night and day.

Thanks for sharing.

it looks nice, but I still don't get why they didn't design the king william side more for patios to flank the existing restaurant strip.. Maybe itll be more indoor eats..

I wonder how many units have opened in the central area of Hamilton this year? It has been averaging about 1 000 per year for the last while but this year seems different.

I wonder how many units have opened in the central area of Hamilton this year? It has been averaging about 1 000 per year for the last while but this year seems different.
I actually don't think that many. Really just Kiwi Condos. 2024 should be different though. This development (Cobalt) and 1 Jarvis are set for occupancy.

Back