Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Taken from a friend's balcony. These buildings now completely dominate any view of the downtown from the east, in a good way I think.

410743074_332757936281199_8247229552473064897_n.jpg

I’m glad this is the first building that’s getting center stage downtown. There are some quality nitpicks, but it’s done enough things right to earn its address. The vibe of King William itself is leagues ahead with how this frames the street now, too. I can’t wait to see the effect all the new residents will have on downtown activity.

I am also excited to see who they pull in for ground floor commercial tenants, hopefully building on the restaurant row vibe. And wouldn't this be the kick the owner of the x-Zellers lot to the west needs to finally get a plan together and complement it all?

Is there a reason why this building has aviation obstruction lights and other newer buildings, such as the Marquee, don't? I would assume that this might relate to the heli-pad at the hospital but just curious if anyone knows. Also, I would assume the Design District, Tivoli, 73 Hughson, etc. will likely all require aviation obstruction lights too.

LIkely due to the new regulation that came into effect in 2012. Basically any new building above a certain height and distance to airport/aerodrome would require lighting. This is probably the first new construction building since 2012 that meets that new requirement.

Prior to the amendments, the requirements were drafted more as recommended standards, and not mandatory regulation. Although the vast majority of persons responsible for obstacles to air navigation were already marking and lighting these structures, the amendments clarify the minimum marking and lighting requirements and are designed to reflect current technological advances. The new amendments will ensure uniform continued compliance, and ultimately provide greater security for those navigating the skies.

Back