2.png
3.png
4.png
6.png

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Those storefronts look much better in real life, and after a few years exposed to Hamilton’s climate, they may fit right in.
They look a bit goofy in the aerial shots lol

Any word on retail/commercial tenants?

I’m hoping for less bougie restos!

Those storefronts look much better in real life, and after a few years exposed to Hamilton’s climate, they may fit right in.
They look a bit goofy in the aerial shots lol

Any word on retail/commercial tenants?

I’m hoping for less bougie restos!
I wouldn't expect less bougie restaurants in the larger, a newer units on "restaurant row".

My partner and I are really hoping for a wine bar, and a smaller niche grocer, with maybe some produce and such, maybe even 24h because downtown continues to be a bit of a food desert unless you have a car or want to walk/transit/bike with quite a bit of food.

I am hoping those holes are for planters - that area DESPERATELY needs some trees. Once some awnings and big trees are there I think it will look a lot better - it's very stark so far - need some things that make the first floor feel "first floorey" and sort of separated from the rest.

I wouldn't expect less bougie restaurants in the larger, a newer units on "restaurant row".

My partner and I are really hoping for a wine bar, and a smaller niche grocer, with maybe some produce and such, maybe even 24h because downtown continues to be a bit of a food desert unless you have a car or want to walk/transit/bike with quite a bit of food.
Nations Isn't that far, but I imagine it still wouldn't be the most desirable trip to make. A real grocer downtown is increasingly becoming a necessity.

isn't the farmers market LITERALLY right there? Lol..
Yeah, good point! But, I think it's like Nations, in that it isn't really the kind of place you go for your staples. I'd want a "real" grocery store, even if its a No-Frills or Sobeys. Though I'm definitely not dismissing the idea of expanding the Farmers Market into a one-of-a-kind one-stop Grocery Store with a more 'typical' grocer presence to bridge the gaps (figuratively, but literally would be nice) between it and Nations.

isn't the farmers market LITERALLY right there? Lol..
The hours are not conducive to being a regular spot. Most of us work 9-5, so that means there's only a few hours per week that is accessible for essentials like produce. Not to mention real grocery stores or even shoppers with produce are open until at least 9pm, sometimes 10 or 11.

The hours are not conducive to being a regular spot. Most of us work 9-5, so that means there's only a few hours per week that is accessible for essentials like produce. Not to mention real grocery stores or even shoppers with produce are open until at least 9pm, sometimes 10 or 11.
ah yes this is true, as I think the farmers market closes at 4 pm

Nations definitely is a "real grocer"... A well-rounded grocery store perfectly suited to get your staples. I often drive there to do grocery shopping.

Nations definitely is a "real grocer"... A well-rounded grocery store perfectly suited to get your staples. I often drive there to do grocery shopping.
The issue is that is not very close to many people if you're not driving, and it misses out on a lot of staples and many other staples are incredibly expensive. Even just having a small place like Barton Lettuce on James St would help, hence my suggestion for a grocer of sorts in this building. I shop at Nations somewhat regularly, but their selection is heavily weighted toward ethnic foods and produce which I love when cooking ethnic foods, but the selection is less than optimal for many other meals.

Back