Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

July 12
IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG

Still holding out for how the front looks with bated
The front looks great (no pics sorry was in a hurry) but the "real" brickwork looked fantastic from the glimpses I saw. I can't wait for the hoarding to come down.

hrmm.. I hope they got a bit better with the stonework at least - on the back it looked a little.. slapped together in parts..

The front looks great (no pics sorry was in a hurry) but the "real" brickwork looked fantastic from the glimpses I saw. I can't wait for the hoarding to come down.
It does, the front look good so far, the bricks was a good addition

so I went by today - the red brick on the front (at least what I could see) looks good yes.. looks like they are putting the stone they used for the black part in the back on the top too.. not so sure about the white on the corner though, I get the concept but I find that style of white makes it sorta feel like cinderblocks, and thus unfinished looking.. I get why they did it though to make the buildings all look like separate buildings and the white to sorta be "unfocused" one.. should be interesting to see how that look ages with time - it could purely just be the fact I have no experience with that look looking "new" since all stone buildings that had that look in hamilton have weathered with time..

I am a little disheartened however that on the john st side the spouts already have rust stains on the stone directly below them - a new building shouldn't already look damaged..

so I went by today - the red brick on the front (at least what I could see) looks good yes.. looks like they are putting the stone they used for the black part in the back on the top too.. not so sure about the white on the corner though, I get the concept but I find that style of white makes it sorta feel like cinderblocks, and thus unfinished looking.. I get why they did it though to make the buildings all look like separate buildings and the white to sorta be "unfocused" one.. should be interesting to see how that look ages with time - it could purely just be the fact I have no experience with that look looking "new" since all stone buildings that had that look in hamilton have weathered with time..

I am a little disheartened however that on the john st side the spouts already have rust stains on the stone directly below them - a new building shouldn't already look damaged..
Do we actually build any new buildings with primarily stone facades-real or faux? I mean, I think it’d look beautiful, but this is a fairly limited implementation. If it could happen anywhere, it’d be here though.

I haven’t had a chance to look at this project yet but I’ve just got back to the Hammer, so its on the list.

Do we actually build any new buildings with primarily stone facades-real or faux? I mean, I think it’d look beautiful, but this is a fairly limited implementation. If it could happen anywhere, it’d be here though.

I haven’t had a chance to look at this project yet but I’ve just got back to the Hammer, so its on the list.

core urban does - they've done a few already - none with this problem. I personally don't get the "spout" runoff route - there are much easier and nicer looking ways of doing this that isn't just a metal spout sticking out of the wall. At least surround it in a lion or dragons head or something like the ancient spouts would have looked like lol..

kiwi condos did this too - and it's the only 2 instances I have ever seen of new builds doing this.. it's a bit bizarre..

also its disheartening - the 5-6 buildings beside cobalt are all either waiting owners or boarded up - our core is the LEAST occupied, with most of the other side boarded up or being renovated as well. Hopefully putting all these people in will attract more highbrow commercial tenants.

I have to say though, the tower portion of cobalt towers is looking EXACTLY like its renders - to the point the photographs sometimes look cg lol.. love the fact they are painting the underside of the balconies too - so many places DON'T and it just makes them look unfinished like the george st one..

Last edited:

Back