Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

King St. looks deserted...The transit program looks like a fiasco so far for the businesses and the general feel of the street.

Taken today, from the mercer.
0D217AAB-974C-4E18-9875-B4057DBBB1C3.jpeg

Attachments

• 0D217AAB-974C-4E18-9875-B4057DBBB1C3.jpeg
    0D217AAB-974C-4E18-9875-B4057DBBB1C3.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 313
King does look pretty empty ! When was that taken ?

King St. looks deserted...The transit program looks like a fiasco so far for the businesses and the general feel of the street.

Friday morning around 10AM. It was a little cool that morning and of course it looks empty. Everybody is at work. And when I'm taking pictures of buildings I try to keep people and vehicles out of my pictures.

Friday morning around 10AM. It was a little cool that morning and of course it looks empty. Everybody is at work. And when I'm taking pictures of buildings I try to keep people and vehicles out of my pictures.

I was at Bar Buca Friday night, and at about 1am the sidewalks between about Portland and Simcoe were so busy, people were spilling out onto the streets.

The popular and successful businesses had lineups out their doors, and the unpopular and staid ones did not.

That courtyard in the middle is going to be perpetually dark...wonder what they'll do with it.

The hockey game was pretty amusing and a clever protest. Is there a significant decline in business or just a slight drop? I'm sure the min wage increase isn't helping matters for restaurants along there either.

Last edited:
That and it's winter when very few folks feel its right to venture out after work since its dark so early.

The hockey game was pretty amusing and a clever protest. Is there a significant decline in business or just a slight drop? I'm sure the min wage increase isn't helping matters for restaurants along there either.
The restaurants are refusing to release their sales figures.

I am willing to bet that the protests themselves have made a difference to the bottom line, making enemies of transit riders in the corridor, where a completely different approach could have gained the restaurants new customers. "See how easy it is to get here by transit now?" is an message they should be spreading (and I've written that before). I was not a frequenter of Kit Kat Club nor Fred's Not Here anyway, as there are a thousand better places to go in the city for dinner, but following their attempts to get rid of the transit priority, I'm certainly never darkening their doors again. Al Carbone and Fred Luk are fools.

The restaurants are refusing to release their sales figures.

I am willing to bet that the protests themselves have made a difference to the bottom line, making enemies of transit riders in the corridor, where a completely different approach could have gained the restaurants new customers. "See how easy it is to get here by transit now?" is an message they should be spreading (and I've written that before). I was not a frequenter of Kit Kat Club nor Fred's Not Here anyway, as there are a thousand better places to go in the city for dinner, but following their attempts to get rid of the transit priority, I'm certainly never darkening their doors again. Al Carbone and Fred Luk are fools.

I feel exactly the same way!

Well if they feel their revenues are so adversely affected by this project they should at least provide some evidence of that- I'd at least sympathize to some degree. Otherwise a lot of people will view the road hockey scrum more as self-promotion than clever protest. Not to mention alienating many transit riders as you say.

Back