Toronto James Cooper Mansion | ?m | 32s | Tridel | Burka

Never saw the balcony glass till now...why the hell is it such a bright blue tint?

I liked this tower (excluding its podium) until now... but this balcony glass is a major misfire.

Yes, but any number of cheery colours that actually make an attempt to complement the "blahk" would have been nice.

Night Light Shimmer:

4993620033_efff33fa3a_b.jpg

4993625707_fcacd8ba6b_z.jpg

The spandrel panels are ugly. The podium is a disaster. No relationship whatsoever between heritage mansion and condo tower. Not a welcome addition to the neighbourhood or to the city at large. Bad, Tridel! Bad! Bad! Bad!

The moment that it was announced that this project would include tacking a handsome mansion onto a tower, one knew bad things were likely to happen. Sadly, your description captures just how unfortunate this has turned out.

I'm lightening up on this project, I'm liking it more and more. It's not without a few issues but I find them forgivable.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

It looks decent to good in all those photos.

agreed. I especially like the top south facing portion... it is differentiated by not having any balconies on this side and then there is the overhanging roof feature above. To me this sort of gives a 'face' to the building which I tend to prefer over purely symmetrical boxes which lack any 'face'.

^^ Said 'face' is hidden behind a balaclava of spandrel panels. Gotta see it in person to believe it. (And the podium's a mess too.)

I can't get over the podium and how awful it is. It seems like there was no attempt at all to create a cohesive link between the mansion and the building.

Tridel is lucky their post-sale service is so good, because their buildings are not.

Back