Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Why does everything unique gets shot down in this city? That building would of complimented the area. Nice post card picture from city hall of that building with the other banks.

Why does everything unique gets shot down in this city? That building would of complimented the area. Nice post card picture from city hall of that building with the other banks.

I hate unique. It's a term that doesn't defy quality and is often exploited to justify mediocrity particularly when it happens to be tall. There are higher order thought processes when it comes to city planning that didn't mesh with this tacky supertall proposal. Never mind what others have already said ... Stinson would have never been able to pull it off ... but shadowing of a cultural institution is of greater consideration than another towering statistic.

lookk
I hate unique. It's a term that doesn't defy quality and is often exploited to justify mediocrity particularly when it happens to be tall. There are higher order thought processes when it comes to city planning that didn't mesh with this tacky supertall proposal. Never mind what others have already said ... Stinson would have never been able to pull it off ... but shadowing of a cultural institution is of greater consideration than another towering statistic.

So if you hate the Stinsin project what about the the original graphics tower that was proposed in the same area? Or the Mirvish project in the entertainment district those buildings are out of the realm. What's your opinion about the that?

This thread is for INDX. The original graphics tower would be on topic because it was proposed by Stinson for the same site, but in this thread it doesn't matter what anyone's opinion of the Mirvish+Gehry project is.

The renderings do not imply that this will be the most thrilling building, but it does seem quite suiting of the original graphic arts building. It's nice to see a design for an addition that looks like it fits. Might not be flashy but fingers crossed it looks classy.

PZ6wQl5.jpg

Bb2V2z9.jpg

pMx4CiA.jpg

If this glass is any indication, this is going to look like garbage. I'm not expecting much with Page+Steele at the helm.

Last edited:
It's not spectacular by any means but, it doesn't look that bad and better than I was expecting even with the tiny panels and many mullions. Will come down to the stone.

Back