Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Official_INDX_FullBuildingRenderingSM.jpg

Look at all those Jaywalkers!!! I wish they would show what the roof looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should re-design the base - it doesn't work with the tower -
and contrasting with the adjacent historic buildings would be a plus for both old and new.

I was really hoping they would avoid balconies or at least have them recessed into the structure....balconies in the cbd are not going to be a good look

That render gives the building a rather bronzy tone -- I sure hope it sticks with that rather than putting in the standard blue-green glass.

There is one thing I like and three things I dislike when I look at this latest rendering:

1) I've liked the height of the proposals for this site...
2) I dislike the way the podium looks; I wish it transitioned better with the Graphic Arts building.
3) I dislike the fact that it doesn't have recessed balconies (like X?), especially since it's in the Financial District.
4) I dislike the fact it lost its curved top (like the Canada Tower proposal had). I was afraid this was going to happen with the newest rendering. :(

I think the bronzed tone is lovely - especially if they stick with it. I don't see the need for the paper-thin contextualism of the base - it's not like this is a location where the views would suffer from an insertion of clean modernism.
I do rather like the large inset windows. They're a clean, bold move. If pulled off properly, they could be a good identifying accent for the building.

I was really hoping they would avoid balconies or at least have them recessed into the structure....balconies in the cbd are not going to be a good look

i agree. so many balconies like that covering the facade can look cheap. i prefer just a pure glass facade when it comes to any building.
what i want to see is more of the top of the tower (slanted roof or not?) and how it looks on the skyline.

but who knows how well they'll execute this one.

I'm not seeing the bronze tone. All I see is a blue/grey tower with the what appears to be the sun altering it's colour slightly.

I'm not seeing the bronze tone. All I see is a blue/grey tower with the what appears to be the sun altering it's colour slightly.

I completely agree! I'm surprised at how people who know how things often end up in this city still expect something different to eventually happen (whether it be the shape of the building or the colour/style of cladding)....the cladding in this case will most likely be blue, green, grey or a combination of the three...in general, forget renders, it's often too early to judge even after the cladding starts appearing...there can be surprises right till the end of the project....

Back