Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

From Lifetime's Facebook page:

417675_277321752341500_133647556708921_670692_802922262_n.jpg

We have that rendering - larger - and more including some of the interiors up on our dataBase page for INDX now. Front page story coming later today.

Just imagine if 70 Temperance, 100 Adelaide West, and Bay-Adelaide Centre 2 are all going up at the same time - talk about a dense construction zone.

I can see construction problems if this and 100 adelaide go up at the same time, trying to keep the cranes from hitting each other lol.

I'm pretty certain it's not curved/angular, like the original proposal. This looks more like an exaggeration of Success (oh boy), with those vertical accents framing a recessed middle area, terminating in 90 degree "wings" that overhang the rest of the central portion. Or something... I've attached an (extremely) crude drawing.

terribledrawingINDX.jpg

Attachments

• terribledrawingINDX.jpg
    terribledrawingINDX.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 286
It looks like it's blocking views of Commerce Court West from Nathan Phillips Square. That's not a huge loss because the building was not quite an iconic landmark, but this building really needs good execution and details considering where it will be seen from. City planners should also encourage the use of prominent architectural lighting systems considering the views from Nathan Phillips Square.

INDX is starting to remind me of a tame version of Sydney's World Tower. A messy skyscraper that I strangely like. If materials and execution are good, then maybe this will be alright after all.

INDX is starting to remind me of a tame version of Sydney's World Tower. A messy skyscraper that I strangely like. If materials and execution are good, then maybe this will be alright after all.

Really? that building looks more like the new 88 scott design to me

The exterior is not bad, a very safe but uneventful design. It reminds me a bit of Bond condos but with those illuminated square cut outs.
It would be great to see light bronze glass/windows used here, as unintensionally depicted in one of the previous renderings. A warm hued building would be a nice change from all the gray towers in the city.

After seeing the marking package, I really like what I see and I applaud Lifetime for really hitting the mark on this one.
I think this development will do extremely well.

Back