Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Yeah, they will be glorified dorm rooms.

these 495sf closets are exactly what many of the young professionals need and can afford: a queen bed, a TV, a sofa, a fridge and a microwave, what else do they need? Not everyone needs a 2000 sf glofied Victorian house with a fenced backyard in the suburb.

the benefit of living within 10 minutes to work, which means a lot more sleep and a lot less wasted time on the transit/highway for many outweighs larger space and boring suburban life big time.

Although I admit that at this time in my life I couldn't afford more space downtown, I've come to enjoy living in smaller spaces. It's forced me to really think about how many things I own, what I really need and what is just taking up space, etc. So if I were in the market I would actually look at a small condo like that; for a long while my girlfriend and I lived in a bachelor/junior one bedroom apartment probably only about 250 square feet, maybe 300. We made it work; it was actually kinda nice.

So yeah, I think there's a market for this kind of thing.

pplication: Temporary Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 121527 TPS 00 TS Accepted Date: Feb 13, 2012

Project: Other Certified Tents

Description: Permit to errect new temporary certified tent to be used as sales office for new condo - Feb 21 2012 - Aug 31 2012.

Just a tent? err..certified tent? What exactly does that mean, is it likely they will sell enough between Feb 21 to Aug 31 from a tent? Im not being skeptical, Im just finding it odd that they would be able to forecast that much sales in such a short period. I guess its all in the location.

That was my first thought as well -- they must be awfully confident if they are willing to sell from a tent for six months. But if they do sell out by the end of August, they will have saved the cost of a presentation centre.

Last edited:
Karma sold pretty fast so they must be confident this one will go just as fast. I'm sure Harry Stinson will be watching to see what he did wrong.

Crammin' them in. 53 storeys going in right behind here.

indxf15.jpg

Though true, I don't think you've gotten the gist of what grey was getting at.

Uh no, your way off.
My point was that your probably not getting much for that money so noting that the prices start from the mid 200's doesn't necessarily support the argument that the building is "cheap". So not to worry, I "got" exactly what he was getting at based solely on what is depicted by the render.

I like the podium, it could work.

Don't forget that there are thousands upon thousands of houses, town-homes and semi-detached homes in the downtown area, not everyone downtown is resigned to living in stacked living spaces.

Back