Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

June 26

IMG_june-26-09-0059.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0060.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0061.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0062.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0063.JPG

"I sure hope that first floor tenants are a bit sooner than May 2010. Seems like they will be able to get roof cap on by late fall, early winter. So I hope that they'll be able to start occupancies by Jan."

no way jose...6 months to first move in????..I can tell you now they be lucky to hit April 2010 for first floor tenants.I know people who bought in 2007 and are still holding out,thats a good sign they still like this project.When they finally cap the building it will take at least 5 months to do all the interiors IF the weather holds out,but this summer looks like going to be a wet one so for each day of weather or construction delays X2 days delays for move in.I was told that by a foreman at the site.So basically if construction is halted for 10 days it will delay actual move in by 20 days.

no way jose...6 months to first move in????..I can tell you now they be lucky to hit April 2010 for first floor tenants.I know people who bought in 2007 and are still holding out,thats a good sign they still like this project.When they finally cap the building it will take at least 5 months to do all the interiors IF the weather holds out,but this summer looks like going to be a wet one so for each day of weather or construction delays X2 days delays for move in.I was told that by a foreman at the site.So basically if construction is halted for 10 days it will delay actual move in by 20 days.

I purchased in January of 2006 so I'm just dying to move in.
Anways, the latest date I've been given is Feb (I'm a little more than a third of the way up the building) and while it's ambitious, it's certainly not out of the question.
I don't know why the foreman at the site would tell you that, but it's nonsense. I work on buildings like this myself and a one day delay is a one day delay. Right now they are working on a clip of around 1 1/2 floors a week, perhaps close to 2. With around another 15 floors to go, I think worst case scenario the roof will be done around the end of September but I suspect sooner.
They also do not need to wait until it's fully constructed before they work on other things lower down. The skip hoist has just been installed so it's possible that very soon you could start to see windows being installed on lower floors. The framing follows that and the rest follows that. It appears to me that they are gearing up to get this done as quickly as possible.. and if the companies involved have extra manpower without other jobs to go to, they can throw loads of labour at it and get things done very quickly..

I'm preparing myself for a possible spring move in, but I'm confident it will be sooner rather than later..

Damn you drum118 for getting to these sites a day before me - I drove around taking pics for nothing! The west end is my turf :p

A different angle.. Taken June 27th, 2009.

Attachments

• 27062009226.jpg
    27062009226.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 342
Nice pics all! It's fun driving by now and seeing a new floor each week. Like Wooba, I bought early on in the project so there's a bit of relief seeing it finally build up. It actually looks alot thinner than I imagined. Strange question, but does anyone know what the ceiling heights are supposed to be for the flats?

I bought the two story one so I dont know..probably 9 feet...its great to see that all the walls are solid concrete,some posters mentioned some condo projects some walls are studded and drywalled only.:cool:

I got some

Attachments

• fun 051.jpg
    fun 051.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 339
  • fun 052.jpg
    fun 052.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 434
  • fun 053.jpg
    fun 053.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 323
  • fun 054.jpg
    fun 054.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 314
Hey BUILD UP that is a SICK picture...how did you manage to take that? And where was it taken?
i took it while driving with one hand and holding the camera with the other. It was a lucky shot:D. it was taken just before the lake shore cutoff on the gardener. you're shots were so much better though.

Nice pics all! It's fun driving by now and seeing a new floor each week. Like Wooba, I bought early on in the project so there's a bit of relief seeing it finally build up. It actually looks alot thinner than I imagined. Strange question, but does anyone know what the ceiling heights are supposed to be for the flats?

I would imagine they are around 9' like ducati says. But perhaps some floors are different heights. I may be seeing things, but the 10th floor certainly looks like higher ceilings than the others..

Last edited:

Back