Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Wow, one more high rise. I don't know how this whole area is going to handle the extra traffic from the proposed developments??

Think what you wanna think and yea I did "LOL" cuz I thought it was funny :D...by the way there's not another high-rise in the area, so get your mind off it. There L U X U R Y T O W N H O M E S coming.

does anyone know what the area of mystic pointe used to be. Warehouses? Empty Land? I need some info on the history of this area

The first Mystic Pointe building used to be a McGuinness Distillers warehouse... and distillery? Was the product made there too?

29 May 2009 photo update

I think I just grabbed the edge of this development.

dsc00559t.jpg

...first floor tenants should be starting to move in May 2010 by the progress its at now.California seems to be quiet lately,heard nothing in any sort of ads in print or radio the last 6 months,wondering maybe Camrost trying to slow it down a bit until markets pick up?.I heard for sure luxury townhouses on the west side (Ilofts front doors) should be on sale in early 2010.Estimate price from I was told will be $350,000 and up.The east portion (back of California) will be parkland and hopefully the city will plan to have Legion Rd hook up with Lakeshore within a few years.

"I heard for sure luxury townhouses on the west side (Ilofts front doors) should be on sale in early 2010"

Thank you!

Enuff said!

That reply was to MIKE IN TO or whatever his name is - I said this from the start but he doubted me ..so just prove a point...thanks bud! Beers on me and none for MIKE IN TO. Oh....SORRY BUD!

I rest my case! Cheers!:D

Last edited:
Hi there, first posts for me on the forums. I've enjoyed reading all your posts and decided to jump in. Also, wanted to jump in and say hello to some of my future neighbours :D

does anyone know what the area of mystic pointe used to be. Warehouses? Empty Land? I need some info on the history of this area

I'm curious about the area as well. There isn't much information about Mystic Pointe per se, but the area would fall into the Mimico jurisdiction which you can read up on here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimico

Further to your inquiry, I recall Wendy or someone with Camrost (don't quote me on this, it's completely conjecture at this point) remarking that part of the construction delay with the iLoft project was due to finding an old foundation when they were digging. So, seems like there was an older building there previously, of what nature, I'm not sure.

...first floor tenants should be starting to move in May 2010 by the progress its at now.California seems to be quiet lately,heard nothing in any sort of ads in print or radio the last 6 months,wondering maybe Camrost trying to slow it down a bit until markets pick up?.I heard for sure luxury townhouses on the west side (Ilofts front doors) should be on sale in early 2010.Estimate price from I was told will be $350,000 and up.The east portion (back of California) will be parkland and hopefully the city will plan to have Legion Rd hook up with Lakeshore within a few years.

I sure hope that first floor tenants are a bit sooner than May 2010. Seems like they will be able to get roof cap on by late fall, early winter. So I hope that they'll be able to start occupancies by Jan.

A question for those who are more informed than me on this issue. Does the pending harmonized tax affect iLoft buyers? Since we have purchased the property already, do we have to worry because the registration of the building might take place after July 1, 2010?

Nice overview of the area ~

dpylyp_1.jpg

Source: PJ Stephen / dpylyp

Thanks Solaris, good pic, I'll post some of my pics when I get a chance.

Cheers!
Fuu

Back