Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Is that the Beyond the Sea condos you speak of? What else are they building in that area?

As long as they are not right in front of my face (like across the street) I think I will be able to live with a partial lake view.

I'll post some pics when I move in next week and you can let me know if there's still a chance of seeing some water :cool:

Actually, I've got one here...
IMG00132-20090710-1829.jpg

oh and all you future iLOFT owners, i'll keep an eye open on the progress of our building, maybe even setup a webcam with live feed from the construction site! ;)

IMG00137-20090710-1830.jpg

IMG00138-20090710-1830.jpg

Last edited:
Skylofts is a really good building,a girl I knew use to live there but she moved to Vancouver.Very quiet building and well built....if you can set up a webcam that be awesome!!!!!!!!...what floor on you on?..sorry to tell you but California is going to be blocking most of your eastern view.

ya i figured the east view is pretty much a write off, but my main view is South so I'm happy with it.

The building is awesome... apparently 17 inches of concrete between units? Not sure if that's true but I heard that somewhere. Nice rooftop terrace (except no pool) and 17 ft high ceilings and windows. Whats not to love? I'm on the 8th floor.

Getting my keys 1 week from today. If I get a webcam up and running, I'll definitely post a link here!

good purchase...you seem to higher than the 8th floor though.From what we were told by Camrost your southern view be fine,luxury townhomes but there is no promises of course but the density of this area more than likely wont allow it.This area like the NXT and even beyond the sea units the city wont make the same mistake as Harbour Front,wall to wall to wall condos.

Last edited:
mysticpointe ... I'm pretty sure Beyond the Sea wouldn't affect your south views from SkyLofts, those towers are really to your south east (behind iLofts from your vantage point)

As a owner in SkyLofts, I would just keep a look out for what's happening on the south side of Manitoba Street ... yes although ducati0000 stated perviously that Camfost Felcorp is going to be building townhomes there, you can never be sure until marketing starts and the shovel is in the ground

other than that ... I don't see anything happening in the near future

Long term speaking (10+ years) ... those low/mid rise apartments on Lake Shore Blvd west of Grand Harbour+Marina Del Rey are likely going to get redeveloped, which may ultimately block lake views from the Mystic Pointe neighbourhood

thanks for all the info.

I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open, but what can you ultimately do right? I'm gonna enjoy my view for now.

in 5 years I'll probably be renting the place anyways, and in 10...... oh man, I'm not even going to think that far right now! :)

Dont worry about right in front of your PH you have to worry about Lakeshore itself with expected 5 new condos on paper planned for the shorelines in Mystic Point..

It looks like in a few years time, they will develop everything along lakeshore or marine whatever it is drive. The only thing I can think of is perhaps that they will be shorter projects? The existing projects don't seem too high, but I remember the Monarch project will be pretty sizable. Anybody have info about that?

Looks like iLoft grew a couple more floors :)
Anybody have a good guess at when colour selection will be? Just booked a month long vacation in November.

Anybody have a good guess at when colour selection will be?

That's a very good question. I received a letter a while back saying selection would be in June.. still waiting..

BTW, I was just watching Home Hunters International and it was based in Toronto. The 3rd condo the lady looked at was a Mystic Point place. I believe Sky Lofts? The building in the North West corner of Manitoba/Legion. While she was looking at the patio area the crane of Iloft can be clearly seen. It's repeated tonight at Midnight on HGTV.

Here's a couple of views from the south east corner, 11th floor.

Attachments

• 07082009244.jpg
    07082009244.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 07082009245.jpg
    07082009245.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 316
thanks for those shots Wooba ... you can even see Beyond The Sea's crane in the second pic ~

The first pic illustrates a potential problem though, it seems likely that iLoft + California's east view towards Downtown Toronto skyline will be blocked by the two South Beach towers (when constructed)

Rendering

i (don't think it's a) loft:

I believe the LOFT part of iLofts are located on the west side facing Legion Rd (seen below) ... the east side (as per your photo) was SUPPOSED to be 2 storey lofts that were later redesigned to 1 level condo suites ... I suppose to increase affordability and marketability ??

iLofts.jpg

When they originally went on sale, it was singles to the 10th floor and lofts from 13 up. 11/12 could go either way based on demand. On opening day, the demand was so strong that they went ahead with single storey units on the 11th/12th. A few months after that it was changed to single storey units all the way up to the 22nd floor. I believe (although not 100% sure) that 23 and above is all lofts. However, as you can see from this picture I took on Aug 1st, there are 4 or 5 loft units going up on the west side of the building in the lower floors.

Attachments

• Iloft - Aug 1st, 2009.jpg
    Iloft - Aug 1st, 2009.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 301

Back