Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

There is to be a public meeting in June for this project.

There is to be stakeholders meetings in May.

There is the link to the updated report on it.

So far, Downtown 21 and this team on different pages.

Various ppl along the corridor have received a booklet high lighting what been look at for the corridor and to submit comments

Last edited:
I hope they are not seriously diverting the LRT off Hurontario to CCTT. There are only a handful of bus route serving CCTT that do not intersect Hurontario elsewhere. These routes are. 6, 9, and 66. The routes could easily be extended east to Hurontario alogn Rathburn when the LRT is built.

I propose the following stops for the LRT in the Square One area and their connecting bus routes (not including GO)

Eglinton - 35, 89
Elia - 7, 34, 68
Rathburn - 6, 9, 20, 65, 66, 107, 109, 110
Robert Speck - 53
Burnahmthorpe - 26, 76
Elm - 3, 8

So 18 connecting bus routes between for the LRT between Eglinton and Elm and 5 minute walk from Robert Speck station to Square One. Is that not good enough?

A detour through MCC is pretty much a given. It will probably involve the vehicle coming into the centre, stopping for a few minutes (the driver will switch sides) and then return to Hurontario.

The destination is too important to make passengers walk there from Hurontario St.

If Mississauga City Centre wasn't designed as a car heaven there might be a better scenario, but it's too late for that.

A detour through MCC is pretty much a given. It will probably involve the vehicle coming into the centre, stopping for a few minutes (the driver will switch sides) and then return to Hurontario.

The destination is too important to make passengers walk there from Hurontario St.

Why would passengers need to go there? Why is the the destination important?

It is interesting that the so many cling to this belief and yet provide no justification for it. Even if the LRT didn't already connect to 90% of the CCTT bus routes outside of CCTT, the location of the CCTT shouldn't determine the alignment of the LRT. The tail shouldn't wag the dog.

Last edited:
I would think that most riders would rather transfer at a terminal than on the street, non?

I would think that most riders would rather transfer at a terminal than on the street, non?

People are already transferring outside of the terminal for many of these routes, especially routes 3 and 7. What's the big deal?

I would argue that the single busiest transfer point between the 19 and other MT buses is at Dundas (which is on street), not the City Centre terminal. Mississauga already has plenty of really busy on-street transfer points, especially along Dundas, Eglinton, and Dixie.

Considering the transitway, connection to the GO buses and the transitway routes (107, 109, 110) will not be a problem either if it had a station at Hurontario just like the earlier plans from 1992 and 2004.

The only thing else that would be needed is some way to allow passengers to transfer between the LRT and the Rathburn routes (6, 9, 20, 65, and maybe 66) at Hurontario. So I would suggest that the LRT station at Rathburn be underground and have a bus loop at the surface for routes 6 and 9, and maybe route 66 as well. As I said, all other routes already connect with Hurontario elsewhere!

See, there is no reason at all to divert the LRT, and no reason to relocate the City Centre terminal either.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much burying the LRT line between Eglinton and the QEW could cost? I ask because a major reason for detouring into CCTT could be resolved if bus routes were allowed to terminate at whichever station point they first interface with along Hurontario St, as such, reducing the need for the hub.

That's probably what it'd take to justify not undertaking the MCC loop as many will argue that there are other reasons besides CCTT or even the mall for the detour (office towers, condos, civic services, recreation venues).

Why would passengers need to go there? Why is the the destination important?

It is interesting that the so many cling to this belief and yet provide no justification for it. Even if the LRT didn't already connect to 90% of the CCTT bus routes outside of CCTT, the location of the CCTT shouldn't determine the alignment of the LRT. The tail shouldn't wag the dog.

Because it's the densest part of Mississauga, and moreso with every new condo going up?

Skipping MCC is like if the Yonge Subway didn't go any further south than Bloor. "No, let's just let them walk to King Street from here, most of the streetcars will connect with Bloor subway anyways, right?"

Half of the City Centre lands are more than 500m from Hurontario Street, i.e. not generally considered acceptable walking distance.

Mississauga City Centre certainly was never designed with a transit corridor in mind, but that's just what we have to work with.

Last edited:
Because it's the densest part of Mississauga, and moreso with every new condo going up?

Skipping MCC is like if the Yonge Subway didn't go any further south than Bloor. "No, let's just let them walk to King Street from here, most of the streetcars will connect with Bloor subway anyways, right?"

No, the Hurontario LRT is more comparable to the Bloor-Danforth line, which was not diverted southward off Bloor, was it?

But still, the densest parts of MCC are actually located along Hurontario. Hurontario is where most the office buildings are and it's where most of the condos and apartments are. After all, there is a reason why Hurontario is the busiest transit corridor in the 905...

In contrast, most of the western part of MCC where you want to divert the LRT is still undeveloped or under developed, there is nothing within walking distance from the CCTT except parking lots and big box stores. And the mall of course, but the mall is within walking distance of Hurontario as well.

Mississauga City Centre certainly was never designed with a transit corridor in mind.

That's exactly why the LRT should stay on Hurontario. If a problem is recognised, then it should be fixed.

No, the Hurontario LRT is more comparable to the Bloor-Danforth line, which was not diverted southward off Bloor, was it?

Many will tell you this was a mistake. (even more will tell you this mistake has to be corrected with a DRL subway)

All I'm saying is that if the LRT ignores the city centre like you propose, there's going to be a lot of people saying "screw this, I'll drive". Transferring to a bus or having to walk a kilometer is a big turn-off for your average Mississaugan.

Either way, the loading and unloading demand for this station won't make a middle-of-the-road station appropriate.

Last edited:
Many will tell you this was a mistake. (even more will tell you this mistake has to be corrected with a DRL subway)

You mean it was a mistake that current subway system has so much ridership that even more capacity is needed?

Oh yeah, stupid planning for sure...

All I'm saying is that if the LRT ignores the city centre like you propose,

How exactly would that be ignoring the City Centre? You still have not explained this, it doesn't make sense. Most of the offices and residential are on the east side of MCC, along Hurontario. Hurontario is the densest corridor in Mississauga. Diverting the LRT is just madness.

Half of the City Centre lands are more than 500m from Hurontario Street, i.e. not generally considered acceptable walking distance.

Mississauga City Centre certainly was never designed with a transit corridor in mind, but that's just what we have to work with.

With all the bus routes going west from Hurontario, they will cover the 500+m radius. It like building the Spadina subway line in comparison to this area. Over kill.

On average, 34% of 19 riders stay on the bus at Sq One. Where the other 66% is going is a guess, but not all of them are going to the mall.

Some of those who hit the mall are doing so as they have time until their bus is to depart.

At this point, there is nothing there to draw riders over to Duke of York now unless you live there. That number is about 3% of 19 riders at best.

Given what is in the pipeline, Still over kill to go 2 blocks when it will miss the real area and that Confederation.

Back