Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

July 03
All photos now up on site

You can see a wall being built in the inbound track tunnel for the walkway that will connect to the south ramp. Without being up close, it hard to say if there will be a tunnel for the walkway as the shoring indicates there could be one or it will be for the access from the parking lot on the southside of the creek. That is a wide walkway to the right
53836242369_fdb558fa70_b.jpg

53836334400_f0c53573f7_b.jpg

New intersection now in service with the old one close and lights turn off/removed as of today
53834992212_553d6f57b1_b.jpg

This is where Mary Fix Creek goes under Hurontario and no idea at this time if it will be rebuilt and widen at the same time for the LRT since this is where the guideway will be built on the west side before moving to the centre of the road behind this shot along with a sidewalk.
53836239009_ce8244fc4e_b.jpg

Area prepared for the curb to be pour and sidewalk to the right of the poles.
53835886836_6bfa3066de_b.jpg

Existing duct bank and the curb to be pour to the left of it
53836331340_a810ab57ca_b.jpg

Did a Brampton drive this morning (7/7/2024) focusing more on the section towards the southbound section of the 407 ETR. Video to follow.

The new southbound/temporary northbound lanes are opened, with the old northbound lanes finally closed off for work to be completed. Traffic has been shifted over, and the surface feels pretty great to drive on.

Last edited:
Feel free to skim the video. I wasn't able to clip it to make it shorter, and I was also unable to do landscape instead of portrait due to the way my phone holder is mounted.

Nothing wrong with your video since your cup holder is setup that way, not for landscaping while driving safety hand free.

July 8
Has to see my doctor today in Port Credit and allow me to kill a few things in one stop,

A new section of the southbound lane south of Dundas that open June 10 has a trench cut into it as well the curb and doing some digging for something. Another we forgot to do thing or something needs to be rebuilt.

All the formwork on top of the PC station has been poured, but cannot see the ramp. Have to check my photos of the east wall by the bridge as there are now 5 large openings in it now. Could have been block embankment and equipment in the past that I fail to noticed them. The wall is close to 3 feet thick and you can see inside the tunnel. Not sure if windows are going in for these openings or will be vents.

Was able to view the new wall in the tunnel from a location that is clear as well look at the existing walls. The high wall in my photo above will connect the the push box west wall. The short wall will connect to the new wall being built that lines up with the ramp on the southside that can be seen from this location.

Some of the fencing for the new Englewood bridge an intersection has been pushed to the west a few feet.

Southbound lane curb being pour north of the Mary Fix Creek to Mineola that should be all poured today, except where poles still have to be remove to build the curb at a later date. The steel plates for the driveways were being removed to allow the curb pouring and place back after the curb was pour. They will have all the curb pour this week where it can be pour. With luck, they may have the new southbound curb lane pour and pave by the end of the month.

Before they can start on the east side, lot of cables to be remove along with the poles currently supporting them. It maybe done by Sept or Oct to allow the guideway to be built for Mineola intersection this year.

Photos to follow.

Nothing wrong with your video since your cup holder is setup that way, not for landscaping while driving safety hand free.
Appreciate it. I think now would be a good time to take bets to see how long they'll take to finish the northbound lanes. I'm thinking another 10 months.

Had a free hour on Sunday with the car while the little one was at an activity. First flights for me since May as the demands of parenthood and other obligations have been crushing.

July 7th unedited photos from PC Go station to QEW, including the new Eaglewood intersection open.

1720569322732.jpeg
1720569383720.jpeg
1720569428644.jpeg
1720569465616.jpeg

1720569501176.jpeg
1720569582910.jpeg

1720569614710.jpeg

1720569758344.jpeg

Had a free hour on Sunday with the car while the little one was at an activity. First flights for me since May as the demands of parenthood and other obligations have been crushing.

July 7th unedited photos from PC Go station to QEW, including the new Eaglewood intersection open.

View attachment 579103View attachment 579104View attachment 579105View attachment 579107
View attachment 579108View attachment 579109
View attachment 579110
View attachment 579111
Your 2nd photo shows a base for the new tunnel wall being built and where it will connect to the sidewalk wall to the north. Don't see a base for the wall from the Mary Fix Creek wall that is to connect to the push box wall. Looks like a base for the raise sidewalk which is odd. since the sidewalk is about 4 feet higher where it stops to the north.

I don’t think this was posted yet.
Most notable thing for me was the construction period stretching from July 2024 to July 2025.

View attachment 579272
View attachment 579273
Have yet to see one and not surprise to see this considering it now 7 months late from the January notice. It will be either later 2025 or early 2026 for service.

Appreciate it. I think now would be a good time to take bets to see how long they'll take to finish the northbound lanes. I'm thinking another 10 months.
It took then a year to do the southbound. We may see the northbound lanes open between May to July 2025, then another 2 months to build the guideway across the 2 off ramps and where the northbound traffic is shifting to and from the southbound lanes putting totally completion around July to Sept. Testing of the line and starting the 90 day of full testing is putting the opening of the line sometime around October to December 2025 with luck. If they cut the 90 day of full testing, it could open sooner based on the test frame.

Is the "Fairview" stop going to be at Hurontario and Fairview Road or Hurontario and Central Parkway West? Judging by the ongoing construction and narrowing of the tracks near Fairview Road, it looks like Hurontario and Central Parkway West. Fairview Road is also very close to the Cooksville Go stop. I've seen maps/plans provided by Metrolinx show the stop at Fairview Road and some at Central Parkway West.

Is the "Fairview" stop going to be at Hurontario and Fairview Road or Hurontario and Central Parkway West? Judging by the ongoing construction and narrowing of the tracks near Fairview Road, it looks like Hurontario and Central Parkway West. Fairview Road is also very close to the Cooksville Go stop. I've seen maps/plans provided by Metrolinx show the stop at Fairview Road and some at Central Parkway West.
No Fairview stop that I know of at this time and you will have to go to the north side of CP to get the LRT. If one is there, it will be on the northside and would support the Kingsbridge stop that ML opposed in having one there since it will see more ridership than Fairview. John St stop is on the north side and the GO Station stop.

As far as I know, bus service will still take place for all existing stops on Hurontario, but some stops should be removed from current service since they should be there now. As for headway, nothing is set at this time and expecting 15-30 minute service weekday and 30-40 on weekends.

No Fairview stop that I know of at this time and you will have to go to the north side of CP to get the LRT. If one is there, it will be on the northside and would support the Kingsbridge stop that ML opposed in having one there since it will see more ridership than Fairview. John St stop is on the north side and the GO Station stop.

As far as I know, bus service will still take place for all existing stops on Hurontario, but some stops should be removed from current service since they should be there now. As for headway, nothing is set at this time and expecting 15-30 minute service weekday and 30-40 on weekends.
Thank you Drum118, I get the impression there may be some confusion with having the stop in the Fairview neighborhood and Fairview Road. The latest maps are now showing Central Parkway.

Didn't someone say in this thread many many posts ago that the reason for calling that station "Fairview" was to avoid the "Central Parkway" name, which was going to be used for something else on the larger system?

I used to live near there. Fairview is indeed the name of the neighbourhood, though I can't remember anyone actually using that name in conversation, unlike Cooksville. It's an odd choice for station name.

Didn't someone say in this thread many many posts ago that the reason for calling that station "Fairview" was to avoid the "Central Parkway" name, which was going to be used for something else on the larger system?

I used to live near there. Fairview is indeed the name of the neighbourhood, though I can't remember anyone actually using that name in conversation, unlike Cooksville. It's an odd choice for station name.
Someone mentioned that it was to avoid duplicating the Central Parkway name on the Mississauga Transitway. It's Mississauga's fault for trying to build a ring road and renaming Bloor to Central Parkway. Although if it were still called Bloor, then you'd have Metrolinx say that's a duplicate name as well (with Bloor-Yonge and Bloor GO).

But just from an intuitive way finding perspective, it seems odd to name these stops after streets they are not on. If they couldn't use Central Parkway, then use Elm Drive, since the stop is closer to Elm than to Fairview.

ML has had blinders on when it has come to stop locations as well station names. Then they only believe stops should be located where connecting transit lines exist and fail to look at stops that generate more ridership than bus stops. Elm Drive generates a lot more ridership than CP as well having 2 bus routes crossing the LRT, yet it had to be at CP.

All my July 8 photos of the line are online.

When I shot the Port Credit station on June 24, haft of the current wall was exposed, but no signs of openings that would be above for the exposed wall as well below on July 8
53849221515_222dffe750_b.jpg

All the station roof exposed forming this year is now pour with some new ones to take place later this year
53849221550_bfbc564c8a_b.jpg

New Englewood bridge and intersection now open
53849142784_9a34de8c33_b.jpg

The old bridge will be gone in a few months with work taking place on the last section of the channel
53849046788_8749041058_b.jpg

You can see the ramp on the southside of the corridor as well where rebar will be drill into the push box wall for the retaining wall. The wall to the left is the sidewalk retraining wall.
53847897242_0673fa23f8_b.jpg

Existing creek
53848783466_9bca8416af_b.jpg

Curb being pour
53848783446_882b697779_b.jpg

Back